QPR B Team launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR B Team launched

Great news as this will be more like the old Football Combination sides of developing and first team squad players needing match games.

Fans can go and watch the games at Wealdsone's ground.

I assume no players will be going out on loan then? It will be a mix of players grom the bench and U23s?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      I assume no players will be going out on loan then? It will be a mix of players grom the bench and U23s?
      I'm not sure how it works but apparently it has brought success to Brentford over the last few years so we wanted to replicate that

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post

I'm not sure how it works but apparently it has brought success to Brentford over the last few years so we wanted to replicate that
        It works because it is a mix of youth and 1st team squad players playing fixtures against similar sides from England and abroad. Better than games against mostly young players in the U23 Development squads of EFL sides.

We used to have better success at bringing through young players in the old Football Combination league.

Comment

I never really understood the U23s. I was playing senior football at 15 and even at pro level if they're good enough they should have the strength and skills by 21...! Nanny State!!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

It works because it is a mix of youth and 1st team squad players playing fixtures against similar sides from England and abroad. Better than games against mostly young players in the U23 Development squads of EFL sides.

We used to have better success at bringing through young players in the old Football Combination league.
            That was the part I was referring to, it's successful because you have young talent coming through which has happened for Brentford but didn't understand how. Thanks for confirming

Comment

The other problem with U23s is that it is regionalised meaning they have been playing against the same players since they started secondary school.

Comment

Working...
              X