Oxford game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxford game

Evening, down in London with family next week and 3 of us keen to take in a game. Been a while since any of us had visited Loftus road and always had a good time so thought we’d give it a bash.

Quick question. As ‘neutrals’ best place to get seats in the ground decent boozers pre and post game close by?

We’re a mix of Sunderland and Newcastle by the way..

cheers

You'll get a pick of seats as all stands open and 15 quid all over.
    Be 6k tops in my opinion.
    Best for legroom is paddocks and near halfway line prob best as view towards corners not the best for other end but not too bad.
    Best for view is south Africa road upper, legroom not great but due to lowish crowd you can spread out a bit with legs to side or even over seat in front (stewards will moan if they see that)
    Enjoy your day and hopefully see a Rangers win.
    As for boozers the white horse used to be or maybe still is run by a Geordie lady and has a strange mix of Newcastle and qpr shirts on wall, it's not very up market though!!
    Other than that the green or crown and sceptre would be my choice, others may differ.

Comment

Originally posted by DickieOrd View Post
      Evening, down in London with family next week and 3 of us keen to take in a game. Been a while since any of us had visited Loftus road and always had a good time so thought we’d give it a bash.

Quick question. As ‘neutrals’ best place to get seats in the ground decent boozers pre and post game close by?

We’re a mix of Sunderland and Newcastle by the way..

cheers
      “a mix of Sunderland and Newcastle” that should be a laugh.

If you’ve got the time and you fancy a beer or six, start at Hammersmith Bridge, which is 5-10 minutes walk from Hammersmith underground station, and then stroll along the Thames towards Chiswick on the Hammersmith side, there are 5 or 6 great pubs within a mile or so, the Dove in particular is excellent, Fullers brewery is just up the road, so the beer is good,

I think most of the pubs do food.

When you’re done, it’s just a 5-10 minutes walk back to Ravenscourt Park or Stamford Brook underground stations to get you back to Shepherds Bush for the game, change at Hammersmith.

There are numerous take aways and restaurants along King St / Chiswick High Rd, and dozens in the Bush.

Also, the City is a great place to eat and drink, Spitalfields Market being one of my favourites, dozens of places to eat and drink, Liverpool St is the nearest underground station.

Have a great time.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Cheers for the tips! Much appreciated…

Comment

Great night and a good win. Queens Tavern for a couple of pints, The lad Dickie doing whatever the #### he wants and your number 10 was lively.

great night, friendly folk and a good club. All the best for the rest of the season.

Comment

Working...
          X