Our Goalie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Goalie

Club needs to up his embarrassing wages to show our appreciation and keep him happy.

Maybe they are resigned to selling him within 12 months so no point chucking money at him?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      Maybe they are resigned to selling him within 12 months so no point chucking money at him?
      Hopefully they have a substantial price tag in mind if so.

Also it would suggest they have discounted the rather optimistic possibility he could be a Premier League goalie next year - with us !?

Comment

Well we don't want him handing in a transfer request over money do we ?

Comment

If we break our wage structure other players will want pay rises too. Even with the current pay deals we need to sell players to balance the books.

I'm not aware he's unhappy with his deal and seems to be enjoying this football. There's no need to pay him anymore because most clubs could still offer more. He'll get his money if he eventually moves on.

Comment

Break the age structure ? He is on 4k. Uncle is on 13k . I'd be miffed !!

Comment

The asking price of Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Seny Dieng has been revealed.

According to Alan Nixon’s report for The Sun on Sunday (via The 72), Mark Warburton has set the asking price for the in-demand QPR shot-stopper, whom Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Leed United and Sheffield United were all linked with this summer, at £12m.

https://www.footballfancast.com/qpr-...e-championship

Anyone else thinks that he is worth double that ?

Comment

The fact that they have put a price on him,means they are willing to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  The asking price of Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Seny Dieng has been revealed.

According to Alan Nixon’s report for The Sun on Sunday (via The 72), Mark Warburton has set the asking price for the in-demand QPR shot-stopper, whom Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Leed United and Sheffield United were all linked with this summer, at £12m.

I think he is worth around £15m given his lack of Premiership football.

I would however insist that is the initial fee plus on add ons and sell on fee.

he is on a long term contract afterall.

We might even win promotion and get to keep him

Comment

In the current climate of transfers, surely he is worth much more than 12 million. And if it is true that the club 'officially' put this price tag on him, then we lack shrewd people business-wise!

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      In the current climate of transfers, surely he is worth much more than 12 million. And if it is true that the club 'officially' put this price tag on him, then we lack shrewd people business-wise!
                      Yeah, but no, but.....

West Ham signed Areola and Spurs Gollini both on loan.

Dieng isnt even first choice for Senegal and hasnt played in the Premership. I'm not aware that any club made a bid for him this summer, what is he really worth then?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

The club haven’t put that price on him, only the paper & click bait site

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo

Everybody has a price
                          Not a quote I'd expect from a referee!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yeah, but no, but.....

West Ham signed Areola and Spurs Gollini both on loan.

Dieng isn't even the first choice for Senegal and hasn't played in the Premiership. I'm not aware that any club made a bid for him this summer, what is he really worth then?
                            The point is that for us he is worth a lot more. I think he is the best keeper we've had these past ten or fifteen seasons. It is not a question of Premier experience and being regular in international games. It's potential ... and it is there for all to see. Many inexperienced players cost a lot of money because of their undoubted potential. James, Bellingham, Benrahma etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post

The point is that for us he is worth a lot more. I think he is the best keeper we've had these past ten or fifteen seasons. It is not a question of Premier experience and being regular in international games. It's potential ... and it is there for all to see. Many inexperienced players cost a lot of money because of their undoubted potential. James, Bellingham, Benrahma etc.

I agree with you on that. I haven't felt this confident about a keeper for even longer than 15 years. Stejskal and Seaman are the only ones I would probably put ahead of Dieng.

As for his potential, yes the likes of those you mention, especially the 1st two, went for large sums because of their potential. Dieng has the potential to be a top Premiership keeper, which is why I said a minimum of £15m + add ons etc. However, with a keeper like him in the side, he is worth around 20 points a season with his performances. This could be the difference between promotion or a mid table season.

Comment

Working...
                              X