just a thought...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

Certainly an interesting scenario. I always assumed that LR would be a prime residential site if we were ever to move out, seems that this may not be the case.
    Just read council minites (cannot copy or link) that they were happy for LR to be used for development of the 450 units as long as 'community and open space' facilities were developed on the other site.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Just read council minites (cannot copy or link) that they were happy for LR to be used for development of the 450 units as long as 'community and open space' facilities were developed on the other site.
      Where did you see it?

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

Where did you see it?
        I googled 'loftus road stadium legal covenants redevelopment'

And read the 2 page pdf fron the fifth Google result from the LBHF site.

Comment

Ive looked on google maps and I have to say that the Linford Christie Site looks very tight to fit in a 30k seater stadium,

Its going to be very difficult to see how we can fit 30k people inside without some kind of fight from FOWS, in fact they have already actively fighting to stop the plans from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
            Ive looked on google maps and I have to say that the Linford Christie Site looks very tight to fit in a 30k seater stadium,

Its going to be very difficult to see how we can fit 30k people inside without some kind of fight from FOWS, in fact they have already actively fighting to stop the plans from happening.
            I think it looks like there is plenty of land around the athletics site to build a 30k stadium.

Comment

I was wondering if the club could buy the wormwood scrubs prison site and instead build the new stadium there rather than on the LC site.

it is much closer to East Acton station and the government have actively been looking to sell it because its unsafe, so we could possibly build the new stadium there.

Yes it has listed status, but I think given how bad its become, its certainly worth considering.

Comment

Working...
              X