Are we done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we done?

Living in Asia now it is hard to get local on the ground news.
    just wondering if we are done or will we try to bring in any loans. Also are we happy with the business done to date

Warburton said after United game that unless we donīt sell someone we are done.

Comment

Still think we are bit light up front , maybe one cheeky loan ?

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
        Warburton said after United game that unless we donīt sell someone we are done.
        Yes.
        With Bonne out on loan and Kelman likely to file him, I very much doubt we'll be buying that third striker. I'll be a loan towards the tail end of the window.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yes.
          With Bonne out on loan and Kelman likely to file him, I very much doubt we'll be buying that third striker. I'll be a loan towards the tail end of the window.
          Agreed, can't see us not getting a third striker so am expecting a young Prem striker on loan. Not a world beater but one that would be decent enough at this level and hoping to get some game time.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yes.
            I think so too. Of course there will be some cost to loan a player,but cheaper than buying one.

Comment

We'll be waiting to get a few out on loan to get wage bill down before loaning ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Agreed, can't see us not getting a third striker so am expecting a young Prem striker on loan. Not a world beater but one that would be decent enough at this level and hoping to get some game time.
                As I've mentioned a few times, I'm hoping for Hugill back on loan if Norwich upgrade their attackers

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                  We'll be waiting to get a few out on loan to get wage bill down before loaning ourselves.
                  True, but I think we're okay on the 3yr FFP cycle now, so any overspend could be rebalanced with potential player sales next summer.

Comment

I’d be giving Sinclair Armstrong a go soon . He’s quick and powerful and a bit like Les in style . He’s with us until 2022 but I’d like to see him step up before other clubs snaffle him if he’s not playing . Had trouble getting him
                    to sign his last contract if I remember

Comment

Originally posted by Prenny View Post
                      I’d be giving Sinclair Armstrong a go soon . He’s quick and powerful and a bit like Les in style . He’s with us until 2022 but I’d like to see him step up before other clubs snaffle him if he’s not playing . Had trouble getting him
                      to sign his last contract if I remember
                      Agree. He seems to be doing well with the U23s. Maybe a start at Leyton Orient in the cup will give us a better look at him.
                      If he doesn’t get a 1st team chance I don’t think he will extend his time at QPR.

Comment

Got 4/5 weeks till window closes on 31/8. It does look like we've done our business, notwithstanding injuries that may force us back to market. I think we've done well to hang onto our better players too - hopefully nobody comes sniffing around them in coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Agree. He seems to be doing well with the U23s. Maybe a start at Leyton Orient in the cup will give us a better look at him.
                          If he doesn’t get a 1st team chance I don’t think he will extend his time at QPR.
                          The coaches will know when he’s ready , it’s hard for us as fans to judge him on clips . Adarkwa the lad we picked up from West Ham looks a good prospect as well , maybe loans would help them progress quicker .We can’t just put players in the squad because we are worried about them leaving , they need to be ready .

Comment

Its been a really good window for us,very little spent but good numbers in with some quality .if Warburton rates Kelman he may not loan him out as I expected ,we need at least 3 strikers in the squad

Comment

I am certain we will sign a striker on loan. I think Premier League managers that are looking for Championship clubs that play like in PL and have managers and coaches with a track record of developing young attacking players will have QPR on top of their wish list for a loan move. I think we are in a position to secure a top loan striker for a lower loan fee than most other Championship clubs due to how we play and how we develop players. Warburton knows this and he knows he can get a hot young striker on loan for a modest amount. That is why he signals that we have little money left for more signings.

I think we will get in a top notch young striker on deadline day or late in August. Once that is in place Kelman might go on loan. He will benefit from playing week in week out rather than getting a few cameo appearances with us.

Comment

Working...
                              X