Our Goalie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Goalie

Lots of speculation regarding our Dieng for a paltry £6m !!

Them big boys can easily pay 16 big uns or clear off.

Gonna depend on how serious we are about a push on the top 6.

Unless they have some suppa duppa scouted only by us replacement in train, why weakened that position when there are hopes we will strengthened other positions?

Comment

I'll say it again, he signed a HUGE long term deal, that in itself adds £5-6 million on top of whatever we want. (That's plucking figures out)

He's worth £10million easy and we simply dont have to sell. So if they do sell for that amount, we are stupid.

Comment

For what’s it’s worth I believe if as Field , jordy possibly Austin and hopefully Stefan come it’s a big if for the last two. As a club we’ve been smarter the last couple of years and the board should be applauded for how far we’ve come along with warbs. There’s no way we’re going to look at Austin and Stefan and go you can have them but seny gotta go

don’t buy it I think he’s here for at least 1 more season same and dickie

Comment

I could see us selling but with cost of players £6m nowhere near enough. Would have to be at least double. As others have said long term contract and every chance he will continue to improve and increase in value. Unless we are in dire need of money no reason to sell.

Comment

£6m seems like a fire sale and I get the impression the Board are happy to fund the club next season and go for the £300m sky money over 4 yrs by going by going up and straight back down. Put that at risk for £6m - nah

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              £6m seems like a fire sale and I get the impression the Board are happy to fund the club next season and go for the £300m sky money over 4 yrs by going by going up and straight back down. Put that at risk for £6m - nah
              I agree with you.

A solid defence is key to any promotion chasing team and we looked very good defensively in most matches last season compared to the previous campaign. Much of that was down to Dieng. Dickie and an improved Barbet had good seasons too, but I guess being confident in your keeper goes a long way to having a good defence.

To risk that for £6m is either desperate or just plain stupid. I don’t think either apply so doubt very much that QPR will be selling Dieng.

Comment

His value is...................................?????

Goalkeepers with the most saves in the Championship this season: Seny Dieng - 121 Bartosz Bialkowski- 119 Dan Bentley - 119 Asmir Begovic - 118 Brice Samba - 113 Rafael Cabral - 102 Neil Etheridge - 101

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  His value is...................................?????

Goalkeepers with the most saves in the Championship this season: Seny Dieng - 121 Bartosz Bialkowski- 119 Dan Bentley - 119 Asmir Begovic - 118 Brice Samba - 113 Rafael Cabral - 102 Neil Etheridge - 101
                  And Tim Krul was the PFA choice for top keeper due to 21 clean sheets. The lack of saves suggests his defenders did most of the work for the shutouts.

Comment

To be fair, £6m for a championship keeper is still a ridiculous amount of money. Not saying we should, but could probably get anyone else on that list or from league 1 for £2m max and then have change to invest elsewhere too...

Comment

Kepa Arrizabalaga, Athletic Bilbao to Chelsea in 2018, £71m

Comment

Working...
                      X