Austin - Signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin - Signed

This Charlie Austin saga is dragging its heels.
    anyone heard anything.
    Last edited by MYU; 02-06-2021, 07:55 PM. Reason: Updated Subject

Where is James Nutt?
    @gatorTFC

Comment

My sauses are telling me Chaz and his misses havent been allocated a nurses flat on the Harrow Road yet. They should get one soon and are likely to share with a couple of Swedish trainee nurses. When this is confirmed Chaz will sign for us.

I have happy memories of those flats....

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
        Where is James Nutt?
        Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Shot

Comment

Saving Austin for this.....

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...a-new-signing/

Comment

I don't think this is necessarily as straightforward a deal as we would like. He could get a lot more if he went to MLS for a couple of years and would get more if he got in with a bigger Championship club.

There is goodwill on both sides to get something agreed but he isn't someone we would ordinarily be able to consider. What I am hoping will be done is a deal to pay him what we can afford and maybe whacking great bonus depending on his performance and how well team does.

Footballers have a limited career. His choice is one last pot of bigger money via MLS or similar or less money to come back here where he is well liked and just seems to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                I don't think this is necessarily as straightforward a deal as we would like. He could get a lot more if he went to MLS for a couple of years and would get more if he got in with a bigger Championship club.

There is goodwill on both sides to get something agreed but he isn't someone we would ordinarily be able to consider. What I am hoping will be done is a deal to pay him what we can afford and maybe whacking great bonus depending on his performance and how well team does.

Footballers have a limited career. His choice is one last pot of bigger money via MLS or similar or less money to come back here where he is well liked and just seems to fit.
                He says hes a family man and his wife had just enrolled as a trainee nurse in West London. I guess Fulham, Reading and Brentford could be options, but doubt they'd want a player of his age.

Comment

Originally posted by eam1882 View Post
                  This Charlie Austin saga is dragging its heels.
                  anyone heard anything.
                  Christ the season only finished a few weeks ago, and he's on holiday.

He's worth a few bob, so this wont be a quick deal.

Comment

Don't think its dragging at all by Rs standards. Normally we are trying to tie up our key signings two minutes to midnight on transfer deadline day.

If I were the club I'd announce it just before they open season ticket sales...

Comment

OK boys,
                      I get it,
                      Just impatient to get deals done.

Comment

Fulham have made a approach
                        I would be devastated if he went there . But all accounts his staying loyal to us But end of the day money talks and could be his last contract . And before any one try’s have a dig . Don’t waste your time , take it as you as you want . I’m QPR and don’t want nothing more than him to join us so I don’t need to post this if it wasn’t true .

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000

Apparently it's all done with Austin.

announcement being made June 1st.
                          But you said July 1st earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000

Apparently it's all done with Austin.

announcement being made June 1st.
                            I hope so

Comment

He is still under contract with WBA until 1st July.

I know he could sign a pre-contract deal, but perhaps he is enjoying his holiday (although not many destinations abroad allowed and if he has kids at school then maybe he is just relaxing with a beer or two in his garden).

Comment

Working...
                              X