Chair And Dickie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chair And Dickie

Don't like the sound of that talk. Has someone been inquiring about them ??

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...tay-qpr-050521

Its inevitable that money will need to be brought in every season but you cant sell too many. We're a football team not an academy to sell out every player with value. That's why these guys are on long contracts. We hold the cards...

Comment

Don't like the way Eustace sounds as if its inevitable they leave. Why not say "we are building something special here and while there is a hell of a long way to go, there is no reason why our best players can't play at the highest level and continue to play for Queens Park Rangers."

Comment

Eustace is not saying it is inevitable that they will leave but saying that there will likely be interest for them. He is saying that they would be better off staying and continue their leaning.

I think Dickie definitely should stay as he has only had 1 season at this level.

There is likely to be interest in other players too, like Dieng and maybe Dykes if he has a decent Euros. I don't think QPR need to sell players every season and especially not for mid range Championship prices. The spending rules allow for losses over a 3 year period, so QPR could afford to take a risk next season and if it fails cash in on 1 or 2 of these players to make up the deficit.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          Eustace is not saying it is inevitable that they will leave but saying that there will likely be interest for them. He is saying that they would be better off staying and continue their leaning.

I think Dickie definitely should stay as he has only had 1 season at this level.

There is likely to be interest in other players too, like Dieng and maybe Dykes if he has a decent Euros. I don't think QPR need to sell players every season and especially not for mid range Championship prices. The spending rules allow for losses over a 3 year period, so QPR could afford to take a risk next season and if it fails cash in on 1 or 2 of these players to make up the deficit.
          Not my reading of it. This is what he actually said: "So it’s about picking the time when they need to move.

"You can see our players are getting good moves and interest from top clubs because we do things right here.”

He talks about them both staying for "at least one more year".

When Kelman arrived he said the main thing that had impressed him about QPR was how Eze had got a good move away.

We seem to be selling players the idea we are a good stepping stone. I would much prefer the management selling a long-term vision of what they are building here. Yes all realistic fans recognise we will have to sell the odd player but we should have a bit more self-respect than marketing ourselves as a feeder club. What youngster is going to support a club with such limited ambition? Particularly on the back of our brilliant start to 2021, if Eustace had any training in media management he would talk us up.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            I don't think QPR need to sell players every season and especially not for mid range Championship prices. The spending rules allow for losses over a 3 year period, so QPR could afford to take a risk next season and if it fails cash in on 1 or 2 of these players to make up the deficit.
            In the last set of accounts for the 18/19 season we made a loss of £9.4m after player trading. It will be interesting to see what the next set of accounts for 19/20 will show when they're released shortly.

I know we sold Eze for £16m but I reckon we get £4m a season and we lost all ticketing money this season which normally comes in at around £5m a season.

I dont share your optimism that the owners would fund losses for the next few seasons and hopefully clear with sales if promotion doesnt come off. I think some money will need to come in every season if acceptable offers are made. I wouldnt be surprised to see at least Dieng go for £10m in the summer.

I hope I'm wrong and you're right though.

Comment

QPR will be keen to keep hold of him but face interest from all over Europe, as well as Premier League new boys Watford

https://the72.co.uk/234799/watford-i...r-qpr-starlet/

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                QPR will be keen to keep hold of him but face interest from all over Europe, as well as Premier League new boys Watford

https://the72.co.uk/234799/watford-i...r-qpr-starlet/
                Shows that for all our ambition as a fan base to sign the loans and strengthen in a couple of areas simply keeping hold of what we have will be a real struggle. The transfer market works both ways and the downside of developing good young players is they will be in demand. We are following the Brentford model now and each season they lose their best couple of players, but with their stats based recruitment policy, always seems to sign decent replacements. Maybe we will have to do the same thing. If we get hefty offers for the likes of Chair and Dickie they will be sold, no question. The big test will be whether we can replace them as well as Brentford have their star men.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Shows that for all our ambition as a fan base to sign the loans and strengthen in a couple of areas simply keeping hold of what we have will be a real struggle. The transfer market works both ways and the downside of developing good young players is they will be in demand. We are following the Brentford model now and each season they lose their best couple of players, but with their stats based recruitment policy, always seems to sign decent replacements. Maybe we will have to do the same thing. If we get hefty offers for the likes of Chair and Dickie they will be sold, no question. The big test will be whether we can replace them as well as Brentford have their star men.
                  I think a lot of fans believe that Brentford are the model to follow , they have done well with player sales and recruitment over the last few years . They also though spend big on new players and their wage bill would be a lot bigger than ours , hence the reason they really need to go up this season to keep this model working.I of course will be hoping they bottle it again .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                    I think a lot of fans believe that Brentford are the model to follow , they have done well with player sales and recruitment over the last few years . They also though spend big on new players and their wage bill would be a lot bigger than ours , hence the reason they really need to go up this season to keep this model working.I of course will be hoping they bottle it again .
                    Not sure about that. They sold Watkins for 28m, Benhrama is loaned with a view to a 30m deal, they have sold others too, then they get the likes of Toney for 5m - chicken feed by comparison. They are just much further on with the process. Eze is our only big money sale so far.

Comment

Not my reading of it. This is what he actually said: "So it&#82or f17;s about picking the time when they need to move.

"You can see our players are getting good moves and interest from top clubs because we do things right here.”

He talks about them both staying for "at least one more year".

When Kelman arrived he said the main thing that had impressed him about QPR was how Eze had got a good move away.

We seem to be selling players the idea we are a good stepping stone. I would much prefer the management selling a long-term vision of what they are building here. Yes all realistic fans recognise we will have to sell the odd player but we should have a bit more self-respect than marketing ourselves as a feeder club. What youngster is going to support a club with such limited ambition? Particularly on the back of our brilliant start to 2021, if Eustace had any training in media management he would talk us up.

Unfortunately QPR is a selling club because we have a small out dated stadium and don't generate much income. So yes, it is inevitable that we will see players being sold. However, I really do think that next season QPR have a good chance of winning promotion if they could keep the squad that ended the season, with one or two additions to the wing back and centre back roles (Masterson was injured and didn't get the match experience he went out on loan for, and Cameron is going).

What the club does will to some extent show what level of ambition it has. I do agree with you that our perceived low ambition is not one that is really going to attract many new fans to the club, and yes it would be good to hear and read that QPR have no intention of selling their players this summer and are aiming for a promotion push.

Comment

Not sure about that. They sold Watkins for 28m, Benhrama is loaned with a view to a 30m deal, they have sold others too, then they get the likes of Toney for 5m - chicken feed by comparison. They are just much further on with the process. Eze is our only big money sale so far.
                        Brentfords spending 19/20 season Mbeumo 6 million. Pontus Jansson 5.5 million. Jensen 3.5 million. Norgard 3.2 million. Pinnock 3 million. Raya 3 million. Dervisoglu 2.7 million. Baptiste 2 million. Valencia 1.8 million. Fosu 675k Yes they sell well , but these guys will be on good money , let’s not kid ourselves that this is little Brentford of 20 years ago . They need to get promoted to keep this model sustainable.

Comment

Come on Bornmoff

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                            Don't like the sound of that talk. Has someone been inquiring about them ??

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...tay-qpr-050521
                            Firstly, this is good news, we are progressing year on year. Making profit, makes it feasible to invest more.

Secondly, Chair signed a new deal, so it'll take a lot to move him on for a small fee and the same with Dickie. Puts us in the driving seat...

We've sold recently and come through, so I feel like we can continue the same

Comment

If we could sell him and use that money to keep the others, I'd take it.

Comment

Working...
                              X