Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30m for Dieng & Dykes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 30m for Dieng & Dykes

    If there was 30m on the table for both of them in the summer would you take it?

    I would say yes. That sort of cash in the bank could get another another keeper easily and cover some of Charlie's wages. We'd have money to get the other loan players in, a few more 2m players in and cash in the bank. I'm not convinced whether the board will fund the extra signings we'd need to get up, but a 30m slush fund would give us a better chance to progress. Even if the Board back us, top 6 is not guaranteed, but cash is king!

  • #2
    Thankfully, we don’t need to sell either. We are in a good position for the first time in years, having young, upcoming players, playing well and interesting bigger clubs for larger transfer fees. Yes I agree with you that I’d love to see the club pull out all the stops and sign all 4 loanees, but there must be another solution rather than sell 2 of our best players? The likes of Kelly, Cameron, Carrol, Lumley, Smyth, Kane and Bonne could surely be released/sold first? If the worst came to the worst and we received an offer for the pair we couldn’t refuse, I’d not be selling for anything less than starting at 40M personally as they are both on long contracts. You Rrs!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      If there was 30m on the table for both of them in the summer would you take it?

      I would say yes. That sort of cash in the bank could get another another keeper easily and cover some of Charlie's wages. We'd have money to get the other loan players in, a few more 2m players in and cash in the bank. I'm not convinced whether the board will fund the extra signings we'd need to get up, but a 30m slush fund would give us a better chance to progress. Even if the Board back us, top 6 is not guaranteed, but cash is king!
      30million... yes.

      Dykes has limits and all be it doing very well, he wont be any better than a Chris Woods type player in the Prem.

      30 million for us, as a club, could really set-up us up for a crack at the top flight.


      My only reservation is we should try to have a punt next season and keep these players together, as that will be key!!

      Comment


      • #4
        30 big ones would be pocket change compared to getting into the premiership.

        All depends on how serious the board wonna get there.

        We gotta keep our best together.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
          Thandakfully, we don’t need to sell either. We are in a good position for the first time in years, having young, upcoming players, playing well and interesting bigger clubs for larger transfer fees. Yes I agree with you that I’d love to see the club pull out all the stops and sign all 4 loanees, but there must be another solution rather than sell 2 of our best players? The likes of Kelly, Cameron, Carrol, Lumley, Smyth, Kane and Bonne could surely be released/sold first? If the worst came to the worst and we received an offer for the pair we couldn’t refuse, I’d not be selling for anything less than starting at 40M personally as they are both on long contracts. You Rrs!!!
          Some of these players will be out of contract in the summer whilst we would be lucky to get 1.5m for all the others combined, but I agree I would rather keep these players (including the loanees if we can and see how we go next season.

          At this moment in time I think we are capable of mounting a real promotion challenge next season with a few more additions to the squad.

          Having said that, If clubs were willing to pay 40m for the pair of them, my feeling is that the DoF would take the money and see if he can recruit some more players to improve and sell on for a profit.

          Smithies could possibly be bought in as a replacement for Dieng and the money could be used to fund signing Austin, Johansen, De Wijs and Field, if still wanted. There would be other monies left over to sign another lwb to replace Hamalainen and possibly even a bid to sign Nakki Wells (if City want to sell - as he hasn't exactly been a big success for them).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            30 big ones would be pocket change compared to getting into the premiership.

            All depends on how serious the board wonna get there.

            We gotta keep our best together.
            They've pissed money this year keeping the club afloat, with FFP would choice do they have?

            Comment


            • #7
              Dykes price could be determined by his effect on the euro's let's hope he has a good one

              Comment


              • #8
                Unfortunately the reality is that it would be most likely around 9 million. 5 for Dykes and 4 for Dieng. So based on that, i would gladly take 30 million!

                Comment


                • #9
                  30 million. More chance of Elvis still being alive.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X