Cameron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameron

Out again tomorrow apparently- still has a knock. Had it for ages now!

Just a hunch I have based on nothing is that he probably has a clause in his contract which says if he plays over ‘X’ number of games he will automatically be offered another year.

We seem to set up this sort of deal frequently.

Thoughts?

You could be right there as they have been doing this with other players in recent years. Whatever the reason for Cameron's absence I don't think he will be with us next season.

Comment

I’d forgotten all about GC .
      F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

I would be amazed if we would give a player of his age any automatic contract extension. Irrelevant of his performances in one season, there must come a time when due to his age he is more likely pick up more injuries, not recover as quickly from injuries or not not have same physicality. We also have a model to develop younger players to selling. He's been sh it and it's time to look elsewhere.
        Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 23-04-2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

probably should let Cameron move on now, too many knocks we did this with Ali Faurlin who was a much better player than Cameron especially if we could get Johanson/ Field in for next year

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
            I would be amazed if we would give a player of his age any automatic contract extension. Irrelevant of his performances in one season, there must come a time when due to his age he is more likely pick up more injuries, not recover as quickly from injuries or not not have same physicality. We also have a model to develop younger players to selling. He's been sh it and it's time to look elsewhere.
            Very good post sheep!
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Cameron is in a very similar situation to Field it seems.
              ​​​

Comment

Cameron has been a decent player for us throughout all the coming and going over the last few years .Good luck to him in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                  Out again tomorrow apparently- still has a knock. Had it for ages now!

Just a hunch I have based on nothing is that he probably has a clause in his contract which says if he plays over ‘X’ number of games he will automatically be offered another year.

We seem to set up this sort of deal frequently.

Thoughts?
                  Those sort of contracts are diabolical. It's embarrassing having a player on the books that we can't afford to play. It's not as though Geoff's done anything wrong - he's been a whole-hearted honest servant of the club in my view and he doesn't deserve this sort of cobblers over what are probably the final few months of his time here.
                  If anymore of these stupid contract clauses emerge in the coming years I'll phone the club up and tear them off a strip.

Comment

Working...
                  X