Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 years ago today

My lowest moment in football.
    Can't believe it's 35 years ago, we totally bottled it.

Milk Cup. Never seen so many of us crying when the players came over to say sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
      My lowest moment in football.
      Can't believe it's 35 years ago, we totally bottled it.
      Not sure about lowest moment, the Norwich away match which cost the title still lingers, milk cup defeat was very hard to take & fans that we out numbered Oxford about 5-1, looking back Oxford had quite a decent team but we was odds on to win it!

Comment

Yes I agree the Norwich away game was a tough one to take, I wasnt at that game but was at Wembley in 86, the league Cup was still a pretty big deal back then, still is in my book but then again I'm not a deluded glory hunter!!

Comment

We thought we only had to turn up , knocked out Watford , Forest , Chelsea and Liverpool and lose to bloody Oxford. Didn’t get back to Wembley for 28 years which ended better for us .

Comment

That was my first QPR match, when we knocked Liverpool out in the semi final on two own goals I knew it was destiny, I had to book a flight and watch QPR win a trophy at Wembley! I'll never forget the teams coming out, we looked loose and confident, the Oxford players looked almost frightened, it turned out they were much more focused, we were awful on the day, it was so disappointing but I learned a good lesson, nothing is given especially with QPR! When I returned to watch Rangers at the new Wembley The Championship Play Off and we got the Red Card I had a feeling of inevitability that it was going to be more heartbreak at Wembley, imagine my elation when we scored the late winner against all odds!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
            X