Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience

I think experience is often overlooked in fotball. Austin and Johansen have made a massive change. However, I don’t think it is just about the fact they add a lot of quality. It is also about all the experience they posess.

Until January we had only one 30+ years player playing regularly - Cameron. Up to January Wallace only had the odd match and Adomah was (and still is) just limited to cameo apperances. Last season we had Rangel, Wells and Pugh all above 30, plus Cameron.

Now we have four 30+ players regularly playing - Cameron, Wallace, Johansen and Austin. All these four are out of contract by the end of the season. We might not manage to sign up Austin and Johansen and Cameron has reached his «best before date». I think Wallace will earn a new contract if he stays injury free.

We might end up having to look for a lot of experience if we cannot sign Austin and Johansen.

Think maybe the new players are just better quality

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      Think maybe the new players are just better quality
      Certainly better quality than what we had before and I would like to sign all 4 of them.

Also agree with a new deal for Wallace if he can stay fit, as he looks far better playing as a LWB than in a flat back four. Experience in the team mixed with the hunger and energy of youth is always a good combination.

Comment

Working...
      X