Our U18s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our U18s

What's going on with them ??? played 11, win 1, draw 1, lost 9 and let in 46

https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/under-18/

I’d say they ain’t very good, that’s what’s going on

Comment

We seem to be hoovering up rejected U23 from prem clubs; so our U18 had better shape up or get ready to work in a call centre for a living.

Comment

Isnt young Eze in the U18 or has he been moved up to the U23s?

Comment

I think most of our u18 already play in the u23 side so the u18 side must be full of 15/16 year olds . Club are going to a B team format next season rather than u23 football.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            I think most of our u18 already play in the u23 side so the u18 side must be full of 15/16 year olds . Club are going to a B team format next season rather than u23 football.

The B Team is being established alongside the existing U23s and U18 set ups from what I understand.

Comment

Most of QPRs recent young players breaking into the 1st team , such as Eze , Chair, Dieng and Oteh have been 'rejects' from other clubs. Hamalainen joined at 17.
              Others like Masterson & Manning have been purchased. Thereby, they nearly all missed playing for our U18s.

I stand to be corrected, but most our 'own' young players i.e. those who have been developed from school age, have not really developed into being good players capable of playing in the 1st team at Championship level. Kakay and Furlong before him are products from schoolboy football. Our best 'product' of course was Sterling and he was enticed away by Liverpool before he could break into our 1st team squad.

Hopefully we will be able to scout, attract and keep more better quality youngsters when the new training ground is built.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                Most of QPRs recent young players breaking into the 1st team , such as Eze , Chair, Dieng and Oteh have been 'rejects' from other clubs. Hamalainen joined at 17.
                Others like Masterson & Manning have been purchased. Thereby, they nearly all missed playing for our U18s.

I stand to be corrected, but most our 'own' young players i.e. those who have been developed from school age, have not really developed into being good players capable of playing in the 1st team at Championship level. Kakay and Furlong before him are products from schoolboy football. Our best 'product' of course was Sterling and he was enticed away by Liverpool before he could break into our 1st team squad.

Hopefully we will be able to scout, attract and keep more better quality youngsters when the new training ground is built.
                I think above is spot on. Only bit I disagree with is ever bothering with kids again - it's manifestly a waste of times, resources and money. It's okay for Prem clubs with turnovers of £150million to run academies and schoolboy teams but I don't think it's viable at EFL level.

Comment

https://foreverwestham.com/2021/03/b...ayden-wareham/

Why did we allow him to go ??

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    Maybe he lacked focus, poor attitude or some other reason why many 16 year olds get released. Vardy was released at 16 by Sheff Weds as he obviously wasn't the player he was when Leicester bought him from Fleetwood.

He has only scored 2 goals in 12 games for Woking according to this article
                    https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/1...ayden-wareham/

Comment

Working...
                    X