Goalkeeper & Defence coaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goalkeeper & Defence coaching

I heard on Talk Sport this morning, when they were talking about last nights Arsenal game that a lot of clubs seem to have Goalkeeping coaches or Defence coaches, but it was said that the only team they know that have a system whereby they do a training routine using the Goalkeeper with the Defence (eg Communication etc) is Chelsea and that is why the have conceded so few goals in open play this season.
    I wonder how many coaches/mangers heard this and whether it's done at Rangers, because if not it would help tremendously.
    Just a thought, i don't know if anyone knows about or has opinions on this?
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
    I heard on Talk Sport this morning, when they were talking about last nights Arsenal game that a lot of clubs seem to have Goalkeeping coaches or Defence coaches, but it was said that the only team they know that have a system whereby they do a training routine using the Goalkeeper with the Defence (eg Communication etc) is Chelsea and that is why the have conceded so few goals in open play this season.
    I wonder how many coaches/mangers heard this and whether it's done at Rangers, because if not it would help tremendously.
    Just a thought, i don't know if anyone knows about or has opinions on this?
    if we did have a defence coach we wouldn't be leaking in soo many goals and tbh we need one as our defence needs sorting ASAP

Comment

listening to goals on sunday, dave seaman was on talking about george graham's tactics and how he had gk and back four always training together and sometimes playing 7 v 5 or 8v5 defence vs attack
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Are arsenal using the same goalkeeping coach as us do you reckon?

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
          listening to goals on sunday, dave seaman was on talking about george graham's tactics and how he had gk and back four always training together and sometimes playing 7 v 5 or 8v5 defence vs attack
          Didn't work too well last night did it? Obviously not doing communication training then.
          Queens Park Rangers
          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

My sons team always play Def v attack training games.And if no shouting talking etc when player receives ball free kicks givem.Keeper has to do 10 press ups if doesnt shout keepers when coming out or taking the ball.It works quite well now.

I take the 2 keepers for coaching and the manager says theyve improoved alot as they got no coaching {GK]at all before.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Easy View Post
              Are arsenal using the same goalkeeping coach as us do you reckon?
              Is Tony Roberts a GK coach at Arsenal?
              Work is the curse of the drinking classes. -Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamie View Post
                Is Tony Roberts a GK coach at Arsenal?
                He is!:amazing:

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                  My sons team always play Def v attack training games.And if no shouting talking etc when player receives ball free kicks givem.Keeper has to do 10 press ups if doesnt shout keepers when coming out or taking the ball.It works quite well now.

I take the 2 keepers for coaching and the manager says theyve improoved alot as they got no coaching {GK]at all before.
                  Got a 3 month gig for you down Shep Bush way,if you're interested.

You can't be any worse than what's there already.

Comment

Working...
                  X