X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If only......

We’d taken some points in our 10 game winless run
    it could be oh so different, very frustrating

I don’t see it like that , just enjoying this run and seeing the team play with confidence and aggression. I’m not having this play off talk , we were nailed on to be relegated 6 weeks ago .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
      I don’t see it like that , just enjoying this run and seeing the team play with confidence and aggression. I’m not having this play off talk , we were nailed on to be relegated 6 weeks ago .
      We'll be four points off 6th if we win those two postponed games against Wycombe and Rotherham. Those are winnable games and if being four points adrift with 15 games left to play isnt a play off opportunity I dont know what is. But if Charlie get crocked it will vanish very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

We'll be four points off 6th if we win those two postponed games against Wycombe and Rotherham. Those are winnable games and if being four points adrift with 15 games left to play isnt a play off opportunity I dont know what is. But if Charlie get crocked it will vanish very quickly.
        We have been quite lucky with injuries in the last 2 months , a spell out for any of the 3 centre backs , johansen , Dieng , Austin would cause us problems , not to mention the fatigue that will kick in . These games are all small margins , they won’t keep going our way until the end of the season sadly .

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
          We’d taken some points in our 10 game winless run
          it could be oh so different, very frustrating
          All IF's and BUT's - You know the drill...

That's why I try to look at where we are now and just focus on survival, anything more is a bonus. Reality is we could say, had we beat Derby we'd be right in the mix, but hey ho!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

We have been quite lucky with injuries in the last 2 months , a spell out for any of the 3 centre backs , johansen , Dieng , Austin would cause us problems , not to mention the fatigue that will kick in . These games are all small margins , they won’t keep going our way until the end of the season sadly .
            Of course it will go our way. The little fairies at the bottom of my garden have reassured me it's going to be fine. One of them is dating one of the Irish Gnomes - they make a lovely couple.

Comment

Got to stop getting to many yellow cards to about 11 in last 3 games. Can do without suspensions
              You Rsssssss

Comment

It's a 46-game season with a transfer window plonked in the middle of it. See where we are on 8th May - that's only date that matters really. Obviously winning as you go is very nice, far better than losing as you go, but you only have to look at Bristol City to see how easily the wheels can fall off.

Comment

If only Warburton had changed formation in late Nov/early Dec as it was clear to almost everyone on this board - and probably most other QPR fans elsewhere - that his 4231 wasn't working.

However, he did change it eventually and that with the new signings has given the new impetus.

Being clear of injuries and suspensions will help continue this new form. I am not thinking play offs, but a top 10 finish (the first since our return to the Championship) would be a good achievement given the 1st 22 games.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    If only Warburton had changed formation in late Nov/early Dec as it was clear to almost everyone on this board - and probably most other QPR fans elsewhere - that his 4231 wasn't working.

However, he did change it eventually and that with the new signings has given the new impetus.

Being clear of injuries and suspensions will help continue this new form. I am not thinking play offs, but a top 10 finish (the first since our return to the Championship) would be a good achievement given the 1st 22 games.
                    Did he only change the formation when Charlie arrived - cant remember? Might suggest the other formation was due to his view we did have enough quality up top to do anything else other than hope the midfield would chip on with the goals. Once we had more quality more options open up? But I agree, not sure why he didnt try something different, it could hardly have been any worse.

Comment

Yep, our games in hand are winnable, but nothing can be taken for granted. I'm pretty sure Watford, Bournemouth & Brentford fans were banking on taking 3 points before they played us.

I'm just a bit concerned that our form has only really swung with the loan signings. Recent history with our quality loans has seen an inevitable return to their parent club for a sale elsewhere for a deal we just can't afford.

Perhaps if we do win those games in hand I might just start looking upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Did he only change the formation when Charlie arrived - cant remember? Might suggest the other formation was due to his view we did have enough quality up top to do anything else other than hope the midfield would chip on with the goals. Once we had more quality more options open up? But I agree, not sure why he didnt try something different, it could hardly have been any worse.
                        He changed to a 3-4-3 for the Swansea game on Boxing Day. He could easily have gone for with this formation earlier than that and given a Dykes & Bonne partnership the chance to develop. I'm not sure why he would have thought that the midfield would chip in with goals as none of Cameron, Ball, Carroll (or even Amos) have a good scoring record. He was imo, being too stubborn and pig headed to change until quite frankly it seriously put his job at risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Qpstranger View Post
                          Yep, our games in hand are winnable, but nothing can be taken for granted. I'm pretty sure Watford, Bournemouth & Brentford fans were banking on taking 3 points before they played us.

I'm just a bit concerned that our form has only really swung with the loan signings. Recent history with our quality loans has seen an inevitable return to their parent club for a sale elsewhere for a deal we just can't afford.

Perhaps if we do win those games in hand I might just start looking upwards.
                          Agreed, we can't take these games for granted.

As for the loan signings, at least they can't be recalled and sold on elsewhere this season. I hope we have agreed a fee for Field, but I can't realistically see us signing either Austin or Johansen next season (unless they are willing to take a big pay cut or the club are a bit more relaxed about spending a bit more in the hope they don't overspend in the next 3 season spending cycle - or plan on selling Dieng, Chair and Dickie for big money over that period to offset their spending).

Comment

Working...
                          X