• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game off tomorrow

Frozen pitch.

Bollax

Comment

The league really need to step in here. Happened far too many times at Rotherham.

In the year we are having, a frozen pitch shouldn't be happening... surely???

Comment

Strange they don't have underground heating in 2021......

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
            Strange they don't have underground heating in 2021......
            And it’s a new stadium.

Comment

Sheffield wed match off frozen pitch, with their big stadium I would’ve thought they have

Comment

Bogus operation

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                  Sheffield wed match off frozen pitch, with their big stadium I would’ve thought they have
                  I would have thought that too, given how many times in the past they hosted big games, although most of these would not have taken place in winter but in spring and summer.

As for Rotherham and their new stadium, I would have expected them to have some kind of undersoil heating installed. In fact all new stadiums should be so that games never get called off for frozen pitches. Surely in the grand cost of building a new stadium adding undersoil heating (£500k?) shouldn't make it unaffordable.

In fact according to this article they were going to install this at Rotherham
                  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-mounting.html

Comment

They've probably got under soil heating but cant afford to switch it on.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      They've probably got under soil heating but cant afford to switch it on.
                      yeah that could be true, but now we have to squeeze in yet another game in this compressed season. we could soon be playing every four days if there are more postponed matches.

Comment

I swear Yorkshire is experencing some kind of ice age at the moment.

Comment

That area qualifies for a low temperature handout cos average temperature has been below zero for 7 consecutive days - I think it's a bit harsh to be slagging them off? Undersoil heating is an expense that most EFL clubs struggle with and lets face it, are many clubs gonna spend ££££s running the heating all week to stage a match with NO fans - I bleeding wouldn't, that's for sure. Anyway, its all moot with Millers, they aint got undersoil heating.

Comment

Working...
                          X