Joe Walsh GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Walsh GK

QPR are expected to finalise the signing of teenage goalkeeper Joe Walsh later today.

West London Sport revealed on Tuesday that Rangers were close to bringing in Walsh, 18, from Gillingham in a deal potentially worth up to £500,000.

Any good? Possible replacement for Dieng maybe?

Originally posted by RussianRanger View Post
    QPR are expected to finalise the signing of teenage goalkeeper Joe Walsh later today.

West London Sport revealed on Tuesday that Rangers were close to bringing in Walsh, 18, from Gillingham in a deal potentially worth up to £500,000.

Any good? Possible replacement for Dieng maybe?
    Check out incomings thread .

Comment

Only played once or something for them so very much one for the future. Suggests to me they are expecting Lumley and Kelly to go and possibly Barnes. Kelly getting rave reviews up North but has looked pretty average for us. Will want first team football.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        Only played once or something for them so very much one for the future. Suggests to me they are expecting Lumley and Kelly to go and possibly Barnes. Kelly getting rave reviews up North but has looked pretty average for us. Will want first team football.
        I agree that Walsh is one for the future. I don't think he is ready to be our 2nd choice yet though. So letting Lumley, Kelly and Barnes go over the next 2 windows might not be such a good idea. Maybe Marcin Brzozoski will get a promotion to the 1st team squad.

Hopefully a Scottish club will buy Kelly and give us a small profit on him.

Comment

QPR Under-23s have completed the signing of teenage goalkeeper Joe Walsh from Gillingham.

The shot-stopper – who joins the R’s for an undisclosed fee – has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract in W12.

Walsh progressed through the academy ranks at Gillingham and signed his first professional contract in May 2019. Five months later, he made his senior debut in the EFL Trophy, aged just 17, and in October 2020 made his first appearance in Sky Bet League One against Ipswich Town.

QPR director of football Les Ferdinand said: “Joe is a bright, bright prospect.

“He was identified by the club’s goalkeeping fraternity and has attracted a lot of interest – especially after making his league debut at just 18 earlier this season.

“Everyone knows we are in the market for developing young players. Joe has lots of potential, which bodes well for the future.”

Comment

Saying good things about this Keeper on Sky.
            Apparently lots of other clubs were in for him. ?
            F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Great that young players want to join because they know they'll get game time if they're good enough. I just hope he gets to play in the first before a team picks him up before he hits 21.

Comment

Working...
              X