Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper

Am I right in thinking we only have 2?
    Kelly gone on loan to Motherwell when Barnes was recalled from Hibs, Barnes now out on Loan.
    Lumley is back?
    If so he is the only back up if Dieng get injured, either a keeper is coming in or we have made a mess of this.
    As for Dieng he looks a real prospect.

Marcin Brzozowski 22 yr old and Tyla Dickinson 19 yr old

Comment

Is an amazing find and alas next season will be sold for £10million +, so enjoy now as he always looked a top top class keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Leadham View Post
        Is an amazing find and alas next season will be sold for £10million +, so enjoy now as he always looked a top top class keeper.
        If there are three clubs after him surely we can get to that championship average of £15m for players going to the premiership? Over that seems high for a GK

Comment

Seny Dieng was instrumental in the side keeping a second clean sheet in a row.

The goalkeeper pulled off a string of excellent saves to keep the Cardiff forward-line out, and Warburton said: “Seny has been very, very good from day one but I thought the double save in the first half tonight was outstanding.

“He had real presence, and that’s what you see in a really good goalkeeper, really good presence.

“He dominates his box, he looks assured and he looks comfortable. He showed all of those qualities tonight.”

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...onight-200121/

His value must have sky rocketed after this display. Just hope the money clubs back off.

Comment

This lads the real deal, I can't recall a better keeper in along time dare I say It I think he's better than seaman his handling is far better than most prem keepers. Probably needs to work on ball distribution but thats about it.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
              This lads the real deal, I can't recall a better keeper in along time dare I say It I think he's better than seaman his handling is far better than most prem keepers. Probably needs to work on ball distribution but thats about it.
              He’s been incredible but he will have a sticky patch at some point like all keepers do .Hopefully he comes through that as Lumley never recovered from his dip in form .

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                He has been very good and will surely be a Premiership keeper within the next 12-18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

He has been very good and will surely be a Premiership keeper within the next 12-18 months.
                  Are we going up then?

Comment

Originally posted by Leadham View Post
                    £10M what with our so called DOF and board probably valued at that end up selling fpr about £2.5 they're useless on transfers, the amount of players let go on the cheap allowing BOS to run down his contract

Comment

I think that Ferdinand, Hoos and Warbuton deserve a lot of credit for the contract situation with Dieng. The club obviously realized during his loan spell with Doncaster that he progressed a lot and would be ready to step up to be first choice ahead of Lumley and Kelly. However, when he returned to QPR in May he had only one year left of his contract. He was probably offered a new contract when he returned from Doncaster but refused to sign, not knowing if he would get game time or not. If he was happy with it he would have signed long before the season started.

The club must obviously have known that if they played him while he was in this last contracted season, the club would easily lose him for nothing come 2021. They therefore refused to play him until he had signed a new four years contract. They used second and third choice keepers in Lumley and Kelly and let Dieng wait until he had signed. Eventually he signed, just before the end of the window and he went right into the team. The rest is history as they say.

If the club did play soft, Dieng would be gone by the end of the season for free. Now we might have a £10-15m transfer to look forward to. I think this is something to have in mind next time QPR play hard ball with contract extensions, to the frustration of some fans.

Ferdinand & co have rightly taken some critisism for our attacking recruitments lately. Hopefully two or three of Bonne, Dykes, Adomah, Willock, Thomas and Kelman will turn out to be good signing, but the first half of the season was a disappointment. Kelman is hopefully one for the future, but the others have had less impact that expected. The last two matches have been a marked upswing though, with both Dykes and Bonne delivering and Willock doing quite ok yesterday in an unfamiliar position.

The success of recruitment and player logistics is first of all measured by what we pay vs what we get when we sell players. If you look on all clubs in English football, and disregard foreign inflow and outflow for a momement, everything is a zero sum game. The clubs making a profit outweigh the clubs making a loss on transfers and the average is zero. Those making a profit are therefor belonging to the best half. Despite a few unsuccessful aquisitions, such as Washington and Ngbakoto and a few others, Ferdinand record is comfortably on the plus side, thanks to first of all Eze and Freeman. Its like stock brokers - they will lose on some investments and gain on others. What matters is whether they beat the market or not, when looking at the sum of all the investments. Those that do are doing a good job. Its the same for football clubs. If you, over time, make money on player logistics, you tend to improve your league position. Please look at Brentford.

The record for the signings made during the summer of 2020 under Ferdinand & co can turns to be smashing. I think it is fair to assume that both Dieng and Dickie can be £10m+ transfers. Thats a fantastic return on a total spending of £5-6m during 2020. On top of that comes anything we might get for Dykes, Bonne, Willock and the other signings should they develop well. £25m+ return on the total spend of £5-6m looks within reach, which is fabulous and should put to bed any silly ideas that Ferdinand is not doing a good job. We should consider ourselves lucky as long as we have him - he might easily be poaked by bigger clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

£10M what with our so called DOF and board probably valued at that end up selling fpr about £2.5 they're useless on transfers, the amount of players let go on the cheap allowing BOS to run down his contract
                        Here we go again , not mentioned the Eze deal I see.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                          I think that Ferdinand, Hoos and Warbuton deserve a lot of credit for the contract situation with Dieng. The club obviously realized during his loan spell with Doncaster that he progressed a lot and would be ready to step up to be first choice ahead of Lumley and Kelly. However, when he returned to QPR in May he had only one year left of his contract. He was probably offered a new contract when he returned from Doncaster but refused to sign, not knowing if he would get game time or not. If he was happy with it he would have signed long before the season started.

The club must obviously have known that if they played him while he was in this last contracted season, the club would easily lose him for nothing come 2021. They therefore refused to play him until he had signed a new four years contract. They used second and third choice keepers in Lumley and Kelly and let Dieng wait until he had signed. Eventually he signed, just before the end of the window and he went right into the team. The rest is history as they say.

If the club did play soft, Dieng would be gone by the end of the season for free. Now we might have a £10-15m transfer to look forward to. I think this is something to have in mind next time QPR play hard ball with contract extensions, to the frustration of some fans.

Ferdinand & co have rightly taken some critisism for our attacking recruitments lately. Hopefully two or three of Bonne, Dykes, Adomah, Willock, Thomas and Kelman will turn out to be good signing, but the first half of the season was a disappointment. Kelman is hopefully one for the future, but the others have had less impact that expected. The last two matches have been a marked upswing though, with both Dykes and Bonne delivering and Willock doing quite ok yesterday in an unfamiliar position.

The success of recruitment and player logistics is first of all measured by what we pay vs what we get when we sell players. If you look on all clubs in English football, and disregard foreign inflow and outflow for a momement, everything is a zero sum game. The clubs making a profit outweigh the clubs making a loss on transfers and the average is zero. Those making a profit are therefor belonging to the best half. Despite a few unsuccessful aquisitions, such as Washington and Ngbakoto and a few others, Ferdinand record is comfortably on the plus side, thanks to first of all Eze and Freeman. Its like stock brokers - they will lose on some investments and gain on others. What matters is whether they beat the market or not, when looking at the sum of all the investments. Those that do are doing a good job. Its the same for football clubs. If you, over time, make money on player logistics, you tend to improve your league position. Please look at Brentford.

The record for the signings made during the summer of 2020 under Ferdinand & co can turns to be smashing. I think it is fair to assume that both Dieng and Dickie can be £10m+ transfers. Thats a fantastic return on a total spending of £5-6m during 2020. On top of that comes anything we might get for Dykes, Bonne, Willock and the other signings should they develop well. £25m+ return on the total spend of £5-6m looks within reach, which is fabulous and should put to bed any silly ideas that Ferdinand is not doing a good job. We should consider ourselves lucky as long as we have him - he might easily be poaked by bigger clubs.
                          Great post Oslo , it’s amazing how so many fans would rather focus on a few negatives than the many positives you just highlighted.

Comment

Thanks a lot, Stainrod.

I see the same tendency during match threads. It all about focusing on the negatives, not the positives. A balanced approch would be better. QPR is important to my life, funny as it might seem sitting so far away (I live in Norway), but if I should use my energy on moaning about everything QPR do I would enjoy it less as a fan. Don't get me wrong, I am very frustrated at times, and air my frustation, but likewise, I am very happy with the direction the club has taken the last few years and there is a lot to be happy about. We are now back to our roots, having put in place a good strategy that is implemented resonably well (far from perfect though) - not a 8/10 but a good 7/10 as opposed to 4/10 or 5/10 before Ferdinand and Hoos. Owners have been patient, learnt their lesson the hard way after wasting a lot of money, and we seem to have a good structure in place with good people in key positions. Steadily I think we will climb the league table. We might need to go through a couple of more cycles of buying and selling players until we build up strong enough finances to make a proper push for promotion. If the present bosses should manage to take QPR to the Premier League at one point I am 100% they would do much smarter decisions once we are there than last time.

Comment

Working...
                            X