X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 46 Years Ago Today

A rather memorable game of football, hope the link works

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1062742033...02:latest_news

Probably the nastiest game I ever been too at Loftus Rd.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

One thing that has improved from the 70s , is the pitch’s .
    F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

I remember bunking off school to go that game. It was too bleeding packed for a skinny little primary school kid to see much but I saw Stanley's goal, and still remember it pretty vividly.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE8k_xLrPto

For the young un’s who weren’t there, a very brief explanation of what went on that Tuesday afternoon, fighting all over the place, the back of the Loft was full of the scums fans, at the final whistle they charged forward down the Loft terrace, hundreds of them, they smashed the kid’s wall down, then charged down to the School End, mayhem ensuing everywhere.

Rangers were by far the better team on the day, Stanley scored with a rare header, but we should have won by a lot more 1-0

I was in the East Paddock with my mates, we’d all bunked off school.

Anyone else there?

Comment

I cannot remember any Rs fans being on the terraces. I was in School End (felt there was less chance of getting my head kicked-in in there!) and The Loft seemed full of Scum to me. The wall collapse seemed more related to too many people being crammed in than trouble but I'm happy to defer to older/wiser chaps in attendance, I was a snotty nosed little boy who was perhaps too overawed at the sheer mentalness going on all over the stadium.

Comment

Our dreadful pitch of course led us to putting in the infamous artificial pitch

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE8k_xLrPto

For the young un’s who weren’t there, a very brief explanation of what went on that Tuesday afternoon, fighting all over the place, the back of the Loft was full of the scums fans, at the final whistle they charged forward down the Loft terrace, hundreds of them, they smashed the kid’s wall down, then charged down to the School End, mayhem ensuing everywhere.

Rangers were by far the better team on the day, Stanley scored with a rare header, but we should have won by a lot more 1-0

I was in the East Paddock with my mates, we’d all bunked off school.

Anyone else there?
              Never missed a game with them. Loved it in the 70s. Seem to play em alot 74. Loved going to their gaff where we have end to end at the away end.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  I cannot remember any Rs fans being on the terraces. I was in School End (felt there was less chance of getting my head kicked-in in there!) and The Loft seemed full of Scum to me. The wall collapse seemed more related to too many people being crammed in than trouble but I'm happy to defer to older/wiser chaps in attendance, I was a snotty nosed little boy who was perhaps too overawed at the sheer mentalness going on all over the stadium.
                  The wall was definitely demolished by them.

The crowd was 28,000 that day, generally all those Rangers Chelsea games at Loftus rd in the 60’s and 70’s, the split of supporters was roughly 50-50.

The big difference in the people was thousands of their supporters came looking for a fight.

Comment

One of our memorable games at the Bridge.

Comment

Another great away day at Scumford bridge was 28th Dec 1974, Rangers ripped them to pieces, 0-3.

I have never seen any film of it though.

Comment

Working...
                      X