Masterson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masterson.

Out on loan to gillingham some time next week. Don’t shoot the messenger. JN

A decent move if it happens. They ship a few goals but are in a relatively comfortable league position. He should get a bit of game time. Seems a nice bloke who is happy at the club. Fingers crossed that it works well for him and us.

Comment

I dunno about this. I like him and thought he'd have nailed down a permanent spot in heart of our defence by now. Fact he's getting shipped out on loan makes me wonder if he's ever gonna cut it at this level.

I have a general view that any player aged 20 or over is 95% of the player they will ever be so I'm fairly underwhelmed with the level that many of our "kids" or U23s or whatever they are called are currently attaining. Frankly, if likes of Masterson, Oteh, Shodipo, Hammeleinen, and Kakay don't seriously crack the 1st XI in 2021 we need to move them on permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        I dunno about this. I like him and thought he'd have nailed down a permanent spot in heart of our defence by now. Fact he's getting shipped out on loan makes me wonder if he's ever gonna cut it at this level.

I have a general view that any player aged 20 or over is 95% of the player they will ever be so I'm fairly underwhelmed with the level that many of our "kids" or U23s or whatever they are called are currently attaining. Frankly, if likes of Masterson, Oteh, Shodipo, Hammeleinen, and Kakay don't seriously crack the 1st XI in 2021 we need to move them on permanently.
        Mainly agree with that. Masterson though I think is different. He has actually shown genuine promise and needs game time to really kick on. If MW can't give it to him here then half a season elsewhere could work wonders.

Of the others only one I personally think shows any promise is Kakay and he still needs a lot of improvement on some parts of his game. Expect all those to end up League 1/2 although would dearly love to be proved wrong. Shopido seems to be on a decent spurt of form so if he can keep it up who knows.

Comment

100% agree. We've been far too generous in past, players hanging around in U23s without getting close to subs bench of 1st Team.

Comment

Chair went out to Stevenage on loan when he was 21 and I think that was important for his development. Ferdinand went out on loan to Besiktas when he was 20 and gained important "on the job training" that was vital to him and us - upon return he went almost right into the first team and his career took off if my memory serves me well. I think there are many other examples of QPR players age 20 or more that have gone on loan and returned as better players, having gained game time in senior competitive matches that mean something. It is a very different thing playing proper senior football week in week out than playing the odd U21 match against 16-20 years old players that are not fully physically developed.

A less obvious example is Seny Dieng going on loan several times before making his debut for us this season, at a age of 26.

Smyth, Shodipo and Oteh going on loan during the last year of their contract is just a way to cut salary costs and cannot be compared to loan arrangements for players that are in the managers long term plans. When we sent Kakay and Hämälainen on loan last season it was probably not with a view to prepare them for 2020/2021, but to save costs during last year of contract, as they were not in the managers plans. However, with the pandemic happening, and with owners signalling to the management that they would ringfence their own financial resources, restricting fresh funding for the club, the club suddenly needed to look for defensive coverage that would accept £2500 a week, and both Kakay and Hämälainen got a life line.

I see that we will retain Charlie Kelman for the rest of the season. It makes sense from a squad point of view, as we need four strikers now that we play two on top, to have someone to call upon on the bench and back-up in case of injuries. But it would be better for Kelman playing 15+ full matches in League One than geting a cameo appearance every now and then for us during the last part of the season.

Hopefully we will sign a new midfield player during this transfer window so we can allow Bettache to go out on loan. He impresses me each time I see him play, latest against Fulham. I think it will be better for him to get a loan move now to make him ready for a first team spot already next season than to get a few substitue appearances this season.

If a loan move to Gillingham is indeed right, it is a good opportunity for Masterson and I think he will come back as a better player. If he will be better than what we have is another question, I agree, but if he is just going to sit on the bench he will certainly not progress.

Comment

I think Masterson is an exception as he literally has no experience of men’s football .He was released from Liverpools u23 squad so has spent his career in the academy bubble that a lot of youngsters never kick on from .He cost us nothing and isn’t costing us a fortune in wages , a season out on loan will give us a better understanding of the player he could turn out to be .

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

I see that we will retain Charlie Kelman for the rest of the season. It makes sense from a squad point of view, as we need four strikers now that we play two on top, to have someone to call upon on the bench and back-up in case of injuries. But it would be better for Kelman playing 15+ full matches in League One than geting a cameo appearance every now and then for us during the last part of the season
                I'd be happy to see Kelman go out on loan to L1 next season but right now he's better of staying with us and learning from Austin's coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                  Out on loan to gillingham some time next week. Don’t shoot the messenger. JN
                  Your a joker mate, he’s joining Swindon Lol
                  You’ve been shot Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                    Your a joker mate, he’s joining Swindon Lol
                    You’ve been shot Lol
                    I don't know why he thinks he fools anyone. ​​​​​​.

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post

I don't know why he thinks he fools anyone. ​​​​​​.
                      Any attention is better than no attention.

Comment

✅✅ Breaking stories before anyone else as per. Pritchard close. That’s your lot for a Wednesday morning. Have a good day everyone. JN

Comment

Dodgy bullets and eating chewitts. That is what is called living.

Comment

✅✅ Breaking stories before anyone else as per. Pritchard close. That’s your lot for a Wednesday morning. Have a good day everyone. JN
                            The only thing you break is wind .

Comment

So what’s new eh? Nothing, Prichard story been on Twitter & other sites for days! You do no breaking news FACT

Comment

Working...
                              X