Thought warburton didn’t like loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich View Post

If Austin enjoys himself here I think we can offer him a longer contract than most would to reduce the difference in wages. Having listened to him he wants to be playing and knows he'll do that with us. He always seems to love the club and his family are most settled here.
    Hopefully that happens , I can’t see him wanting to move from London again so that might work in our favour.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
      Easy to say with hindsight. If it had worked out he would have been a genius.

Also I think it's easier to loan in January than during the summer as squads are still being shaped so clubs don't know who they want to or can afford to loan out. I don't think we would have had a chance of loaning Chaz in the summer.
      Wasn't really hindsight though, as a few on here wanted loans to supplement the squad. Obviously got our fingers burnt with Wells and some of the poor loans we brought in, but managed properly i.e. not having your whole strike force made up of loans, a club can hugely benefit bringing in 2 or 3 good loans. However, I do agree that it can sometimes, but not always, be easier to bring in loans in January.

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
        I think a lot of you are missing the point , yes whilst it is good to develop our own players and get what say at a push £20mil for someone of ezes standard (which I doubt will happen again for a while) why not loan 4 quality players who make all the difference and make a push for promotion which is worth £120mil?
        no initial outlay for loan players just the wages, so if they are no good then send them back or if they are a hit and help us push on then it’s a bonus.
        I agree, that yes it is good to develop your own, but a supplement of good loans does help the squad and often leads to a top 8 season rather than lower down, however, there is a loan fee to be paid and part of their wages, so the cost is there.

Had we brought in one or two decent loans in August for our defence and midfield or attack we might not have spent the 1st half of the season in the bottom 10.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Wasn't really hindsight though, as a few on here wanted loans to supplement the squad. Obviously got our fingers burnt with Wells and some of the poor loans we brought in, but managed properly i.e. not having your whole strike force made up of loans, a club can hugely benefit bringing in 2 or 3 good loans. However, I do agree that it can sometimes, but not always, be easier to bring in loans in January.
          Of course it's hindsight. Anything said like "if he'd done this..." after the fact is said with hindsight.

I'm not saying nobody else could see it coming and I do take the general point being made but it's still very easy to criticise now. We also don't know most of the circumstances like whether we were actually trying to bring in any loans and maybe failed.
          "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Agree with priority being our own players but I said at time the quality is not there in our squad. We needed some loans to pad out the squad and improve it. Glad it is being done now as opposed to never and you could argue was worth giving it a go without loans. Problem is a lot of the players brought in have not performed as we hoped they would, not yet anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Agree with priority being our own players but I said at time the quality is not there in our squad. We needed some loans to pad out the squad and improve it. Glad it is being done now as opposed to never and you could argue was worth giving it a go without loans. Problem is a lot of the players brought in have not performed as we hoped they would, not yet anyway.
              Exactly , had Dykes , Bonne and Adomah hit the ground running nobody would be saying why didn’t we bring loans in . The club chose the right route in my opinion as if it doesn’t go to plan you always have the loan market as a back up .

Comment

At the time AND without the benefit of hindsight, I thought our close season dealing was pretty okay. Got plenty of bods in and we looked set fair. Obviously it has not been as good as we'd hoped so using this window to augment the squad with some loans makes sense I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  At the time AND without the benefit of hindsight, I thought our close season dealing was pretty okay. Got plenty of bods in and we looked set fair. Obviously it has not been as good as we'd hoped so using this window to augment the squad with some loans makes sense I think.
                  Fair comment
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I still can't believe fans actually still consider that Warburton knows what he is doing. We've had to rely on fernandes to use his connection to bring in a proven striker that can hopefully keep us from dropping down to league 1. He plays a terrible negative system that involves a 35 year old midfielder who's legs have well and truly gone with a full back that can't cross a ball and another winger on the other side who should be in the opposing half. Ian Holloway made plenty of mistakes but anyone that thinks this has been an improvement of tactics is totally deluded. Let's hope mW didn't decide this hull centre half otherwise god help us
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      I still can't believe fans actually still consider that Warburton knows what he is doing. We've had to rely on fernandes to use his connection to bring in a proven striker that can hopefully keep us from dropping down to league 1. He plays a terrible negative system that involves a 35 year old midfielder who's legs have well and truly gone with a full back that can't cross a ball and another winger on the other side who should be in the opposing half. Ian Holloway made plenty of mistakes but anyone that thinks this has been an improvement of tactics is totally deluded. Let's hope mW didn't decide this hull centre half otherwise god help us
                      It's true, Warburton is a complete liability and the main reason we are down lower reaches of table. However, there's no point derailing every thread with that info - if the thread is postponements, loans, player ratings or whatever it makes sense to stay on topic so that's probably why there's not much mention of the gaffer in this thread. However, that shouldn't be taken as a vindication of Warburton, far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        Yes but Carroll and Cameron were not hindsight we knew they were lacking from previous appearences but I think they were brought in to help Amos develop as a creative midfielder but the lad was unlucky with a serious injury

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

Of course it's hindsight. Anything said like "if he'd done this..." after the fact is said with hindsight.

I'm not saying nobody else could see it coming and I do take the general point being made but it's still very easy to criticise now. We also don't know most of the circumstances like whether we were actually trying to bring in any loans and maybe failed.
                          I think it highlighted a lack of forward thinking - it was all well and good bringing our own players in , but he didnt effectively think it through in my humble opinion. Still, better late than never.
                          He got it wrong last season too with 3 loan strikers and none of our own - Oteh, as bad as he is, was sent out on loan.

Comment

Working...
                          X