FA Cup Prize Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FA Cup Prize Money

We got £20,500 for losing today against £61,500 had we won. Was this prize money really worth putting a near full strength side out three days before an important league game on Tuesday night?

https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/prize-fund

Don't forget TV money we may have got in next round(s) too. Over the past 30 years I estimate our dire cup record has cost the club in the region of £16trillion in prize money, TV money, sponsorship and lost fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      Don't forget TV money we may have got in next round(s) too. Over the past 30 years I estimate our dire cup record has cost the club in the region of £16trillion in prize money, TV money, sponsorship and lost fans.
      I agree that if they had won yesterday, there is a possibility of more money from being shown live on BBC or BT, plus the prize money is bigger for each round. The v possibility of earning somewhere in the region of 500k-£1M was on for just getting to the 5th or 6th round.

Luton Blackpool Sheff Wed Nottm Forest, Chorley etc are all through and QPR could have drawn them and progressed to the 5th round and probably a bigger draw on BBC.

Comment

Also a winning dressing room is a lot happier than a losing one

Comment

To be fair to the club , we didn’t get knocked out by Halifax we lost to a premier league team and had a go . Our history is littered with early cup exits , it’s what we do best .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            To be fair to the club , we didn’t get knocked out by Halifax we lost to a premier league team and had a go . Our history is littered with early cup exits , it’s what we do best .
            True and in the last 3 seasons we narrowly lost to Watford (and missed chances), again against Sheff Weds after a dreadful error by Kane, missed chances (and inexplicably not starting with Wells who was about to be recalled and sold to Bristol City). Now we lost to Fulham when we could have won the game if the chances created were converted.

For me it is a missed opportunity to make progress and earn much needed cash. Of course, a possible fixture pile up could play havoc with our squad, but a winning mentality would be beneficial to getting wins on the board.

Comment

Working...
            X