Ticket from away game againt Partizan from 1984

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket from away game againt Partizan from 1984

The ticket is in exellent condition. If someone is interesed here is the number +381694302442 and you can contact me at viber or whats app.

Think we took a 4 goal lead there and went out on away goals.
    I was Highbury for the home leg, christ I feel old.

Comment

Same loftbalcony seemed strange watching our team at Highbury & winning 6-2 & was superb performance & great goals & your right we lost 4-0 & Mulllery was sacked not long after

Comment

Yugoslavian football was very strong back then. The man who scored the last goal( Zivkovic) came back from the army 3 days before the game. The man who scored the first goal( Mance) died one year later in a car accindent. When he died it was like one part of the whole club died, they couldn't recover from that. Later in the late 80's their fierce rivals Red Star Belgrade made such a strong team wich resulted them winning the champions leauge 1991.

Comment

I remember watching highlights of the away leg, it was played in dense fog, I sure don't want any memorabilia of that collapse!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Yes. Going out after winning 6-2 in first leg is ineptitude of the highest order, even by our appalling standards. I remember being at Highbury - wasn't the attendance 3000 or something? People forget how unpopular football had become in early/mid-80s, crowds had plummeted everywhere.

Comment

I had a chat with Simon Stainrod about it about a year ago on Facebook he said that Partizan were a lot. better side than the 6-2 defeat and when out there the team were a bit overawed by it all, he also said he started the “incident” on the plane on the way back.

Comment

I was at Highbury for this game , think there was about 8 thousand there .I know a few fans that went out to Belgrade for the 2nd leg .They were happy to get out alive , very hostile atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                X