Good Time to Change Manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Time to Change Manager?

I think now is the right time to bring in a new coach.
    However, I don't trust our incompetent owners to get the next appointment right. They haven't got any managerial appointment right in 10 years ownership of the business.

I hope we get some new owners taking over the reins of the business this summer. I've had more than enough of these clowns.

And you can forget about appointing Tim Sherwood as manager. That would be unacceptable. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Riverwild View Post
    However, I don't trust our incompetent owners to get the next appointment right. They haven't got any managerial appointment right in 10 years ownership of the business.

I hope we get some new owners taking over the reins of the business this summer. I've had more than enough of these clowns.

And you can forget about appointing Tim Sherwood as manager. That would be unacceptable. What do you guys think?
    I take it you're a fan of Timmy Sherwood then .
    if not be careful of what you wish for

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
      I think some of our expectations are too high.

We are a small club with a very limited budget. Pep Guardiola or Sir Neil himself couldn't have turned us into promotion candidates during the last few years so I don't know how anyone else is expected to do so. I'm not a MW fan lately as he seems to be very inflexible and limited tactically but I don't think any other appointment is going to do much better given our current limitations.

The current owners may not be the best but I am convinced that they have the club's best interests at heart and we should be careful what we wish for.
      100% this. Frustrating though it is we are probably where we should be. Who would we attract? We have one of the lowest budgets in the league and some gaping holes in our squad. Maybe a manager on the way up from league 1 or 2 if we are lucky or someone on their way down from higher up. Possibly a foreign manager looking for a way into the English leagues.

I think after years of car crash we have made reasonable progress in recent years within the context of our constraints and trying to clean the mess up from previous years. We could so easily be in league 1. Yes we are struggling at wrong end but have got rid of a lot of baggage and have players coming through for the first time in years. Owners are looking long term at grounds and facilities. Until we have those we cannot really escape our financial constraints. Long term could be promising. Look at Brighton. They almost dropped out of the football league altogether.

Tim Sherwood gets on with Sir Les and CR. Outside of that I see no advantages. Not much managerial experience, not worked for a few years now and looking at alleged wage demands seems to still have an ego and sense of entitlement. Personally think he would struggle to get a job at this level.

Comment

So who would you appoint that we can afford?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
          I think some of our expectations are too high.

We are a small club with a very limited budget. Pep Guardiola or Sir Neil himself couldn't have turned us into promotion candidates during the last few years so I don't know how anyone else is expected to do so. I'm not a MW fan lately as he seems to be very inflexible and limited tactically but I don't think any other appointment is going to do much better given our current limitations.

The current owners may not be the best but I am convinced that they have the club's best interests at heart and we should be careful what we wish for.
          Resent owners have let the club down however the current Bosses seem to be at least trying to get a solid base to work from. Although they have fallen into the recruitment trap of relying on "old Pros" to see us through. I dont know who's actual decision it was to keep Cameron and re sign Carroll but I single out these two as Warburton has Chosen to play them more often than others. More energy whould have been excerted on scouting out players.
          PS Shopido doing well at Oxford which either means he is ready to step up or that he has found his level but I think worth a try.

Comment

Do you not get bored of posting this every few days.?

Comment

The most important thing now is that we get new players in during these first new weeks of the Transfer window, but If we continue to lose in february, I think Warburton will get sacked. On a very postive note: What I saw against Norwich, were a team that played for their boss.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

At times I can see a team out there , need some energy in midfield . Cut out mistakes at the back and learn to get the ball up quicky , it's the 20 passes in our half and playing in front the oppo that drives me mad

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  At times I can see a team out there , need some energy in midfield . Cut out mistakes at the back and learn to get the ball up quicky , it's the 20 passes in our half and playing in front the oppo that drives me mad
                  I see your point, but a lot of what you say is the reason he got sacked by Forest. MW only seems to want his sides to play one way, which in part explains the costly mistakes - giving the ball away in or near your area is likely to concede a goal scoring chance, that and lack of defending set pieces - hence the poor defensive records he has.

He got away with it last season because of the better attackers we had.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I see your point, but a lot of what you say is the reason he got sacked by Forest. MW only seems to want his sides to play one way, which in part explains the costly mistakes - giving the ball away in or near your area is likely to concede a goal scoring chance, that and lack of defending set pieces - hence the poor defensive records he has.

He got away with it last season because of the better attackers we had.
                    That`s why people will start threads like this again and again..He is his own worst enemy.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Working...
                    X