When u can’t cross...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

I never said that at all. The point I’m making is this pony team is not ONLY Warburtons fault.....we have a DOF responsible for player signings (or why is he here?).
    I totally agree.

they are both responsible for the recruitment and so far it looks poor, although the tactics and formations do not help them either.

Comment

Sorry for error in my calculation: 2-3 loans for 15-20k a week is of course £1.2m+ for six months, not £300k+.

Comment

I didn't think the 3-5-2 was that bad yesterday, it was our first time playing it and we were against a strong defensive team, another poster mentioned though our best crosses came from Barbet and Kane! We have a serious problem at FB, neither of the 2 younger players have been consistent and Wallace and Kane are just to add depth at best, in modern football the fullbacks or wingbacks are expected to be good crossers of the ball and none of ours are!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by timscott View Post
          It's hard not to agree with you -'tiny margins' (and the loss of an impressive Amos) sums it up.

I can only think that our options for buying are as limited as our budget. Having said that, Warburton does appear to be struggling to know who to play in what formation and role. Too many new faces at once? Too many players of a similar, inconsistent standard? It's hard to tell.

Adomah is particularly worrying as, at the start of the season, he looked what he is: a very experienced player with real motivation and ability. However, he's a shadow of himself now. Something's not right there, I think. Whether it's him (and who knows about people's private lives?) or Warburton would be interesting to know.
          Not his signing? And like we now know; Warburton likes to play the same players match after match. Regardless of form.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
            I didn't think the 3-5-2 was that bad yesterday, it was our first time playing it and we were against a strong defensive team, another poster mentioned though our best crosses came from Barbet and Kane! We have a serious problem at FB, neither of the 2 younger players have been consistent and Wallace and Kane are just to add depth at best, in modern football the fullbacks or wingbacks are expected to be good crossers of the ball and none of ours are!
            That`s why we need to bring in two new fullbacks.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

We aren't going to sign 2 new full backs. It shows how bad the club is being being run when we handed a 4 year deal to a 24 year old who wasn't good enough to play for us 6 months ago.

Now hes first choice! Kakay was on verge of having to find a new club, a couple of months later, hes given a new long term contract just because hes marginally better than kane.

Our so called dof is completely out of his depth in his role. He sanctions all these deals. Nedum said this in his interview with open all rs podcast. Said les is learning from a book. (A dummies guide to dof.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                We aren't going to sign 2 new full backs. It shows how bad the club is being being run when we handed a 4 year deal to a 24 year old who wasn't good enough to play for us 6 months ago.

Now hes first choice! Kakay was on verge of having to find a new club, a couple of months later, hes given a new long term contract just because hes marginally better than kane.

Our so called dof is completely out of his depth in his role. He sanctions all these deals. Nedum said this in his interview with open all rs podcast. Said les is learning from a book. (A dummies guide to dof.)
                You do have to question our decision making in kakay kane Niko along with Adomah wages as much of the financial mess was done before Les arrived but some of this is also his own mess. 2.5m on Washington when at the start of that season he was woeful

The path the club is on may be in line with financial compliance but it’s also a path to league 1 and some very dark days. You do have to question Les position at the same time as Warburton

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

You do have to question our decision making in kakay kane Niko along with Adomah wages as much of the financial mess was done before Les arrived but some of this is also his own mess. 2.5m on Washington when at the start of that season he was woeful

The path the club is on may be in line with financial compliance but it’s also a path to league 1 and some very dark days. You do have to question Les position at the same time as Warburton
                  He can’t win though can he , there’s been criticism for allowing Bos and Mannings contract to run down . Then we give 2 young fullbacks long deals on a reasonable wage and he gets criticised for that . The Adomah situation is baffling, Warburton must have been consulted in that deal , Les would have signed off on his wages yet he hasn’t featured. Kane I agree , whoever scouted him needs shooting.

Comment

It is absolutely vital we use the loan market well in Jan, forget permanent signings until the summer. We need a striker in the mould of either Hugill or Wells (easier said than done), a centre mid and at least one full back. Most importantly they all need to be experienced championship players. We just need to bite the bullet and spend some money on wages, surely there is room for that as the biggest year loss for FFP is now off the 3 year rolling.

It was a bit naive by the club that we thought we could compete this season without using the loan market, every team does it in the Championship. There must be some decent players we can take from the three promoted clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

He can’t win though can he , there’s been criticism for allowing Bos and Mannings contract to run down . Then we give 2 young fullbacks long deals on a reasonable wage and he gets criticised for that . The Adomah situation is baffling, Warburton must have been consulted in that deal , Les would have signed off on his wages yet he hasn’t featured. Kane I agree , whoever scouted him needs shooting.
                      Perhaps we signed Adomah in Oct knowing he'd only really feature from Jan when BOS was expected to leave in a cut priced transfer?

Comment

Working...
                      X