No announcement yet.

When u can’t cross...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team getting out fought , manager getting out thought . All ticky tacky with no end product . Teams will let us sit back with ball whilst they regroup and get into their shape, we are then not good enough to score goals

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      Team getting out fought , manager getting out thought . All ticky tacky with no end product . Teams will let us sit back with ball whilst they regroup and get into their shape, we are then not good enough to score goals
      That’s what I’m seeing last few games .

Comment

In this league I'm sure it's possible to score goals from just booting the ball upfield and chasing it. Even if the big hoof upfield goes to one of their players it's odds on he'll miscontrol it or get caught in possession by trying to play out of defence. I currently have no idea what Warburton is playing at with his bizarre complicated approach that his players clearly can't grasp or implement.
        I suppose this sums up what's wrong with Warburton..... He cannot tailor our tactics to align with the abilities of the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Take a look at Warbs first few signings, Kelly , Wallace , Ball , all players he had previously managed . Does that look like a board that are going over the managers head and making signings?
          So why are we paying a DOF if he isn’t calling the shots on recruitment? Surely that’s the whole point in appointing a DOF...?

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

So why are we paying a DOF if he isn’t calling the shots on recruitment? Surely that’s the whole point in appointing a DOF...?
            So are you accusing the dof of not scouting his own players or working as a team with his manager to identify affordable players for the squad ?

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

Your previous post suggests this is not Warburtons fault , that could be argued if the dof was going above Warbs head and signing players . This clearly is not happening.

Comment

We lost(again) down to the tactical decision Warburton made using Niko and Todd as wing backs.. We continue to lose the ball with poor passing , sometimes not even under pressu, re so there is an element of player ability and confidence to play the way Warburton wants.

Comment

We have signed something like 23-25 players in the 18 months that Warburton has been here which would suggest that he has been backed. His football is all about keeping the ball but he does not have the players to hurt the opposition. Last season we had some quality in The final 3rd with Eze, Wells, Hughill, BOS, Manning, now we have nothing yet spent £2m on Dykes who is pants and just goes through the motions and £2m on Bonne who at least puts in a shift but whom Charlton fans did not rate.
                  We have a midfield zero pace which consists of 2 converted defenders and Carroll who has so many touches, 90% of which are sideways. Chair at least tries to be positive.
                  Warburton needs to go now and to bring in someone who can put some fight and passion and pace into the team.

Comment

My gripe is if you are skint and starving you don’t go into a supermarket and buy food you are not going to eat . This is what we have done with our summer spending ,Adomah , Bonne , Willock , Thomas all under used . You can make the argument for Willock and Thomas that they are young and will improve to become sellable assets but should we be doing this when we are sleep walking to league 1 . Adomah and Bonne however were bought for the here and now . Why have we signed these players to sit on the bench , I don’t understand it .

Comment

You have no idea if these signings were made in consultation with the manager or not , we have spent a fair amount compared to other teams in this league that are doing better than us . That’s a failure from the manager in my eyes.
                      We might have spent more, but we have taken much more out than we have put in. Eze, Wells, Hugill, Pugh, Rangel, Hall, Leinstner, Manning (and Amos) have been replaced by players on a fraction of the salary. Thats the real problem. Thomas isn't Eze, Bonne isn't Hugill etc.

We play fairly well. If we had Hugill and Wells in the squad in stead of Bonne and Dykes we would probably have had 10 points more and would be mid table and people would be pretty happy with things. It is too easy to say Warburton does not have a clue - the quality of the players is the main problem. There are better managers than Warburton around, but a panic change into Ainsworth, Hill, Cook, Barton etc seems pointless to me - none of those are better managers and it is not very likely such change would give more points onboard.

I think a couple of good strikers arriving in January will make a significant change. A midfielder, central defender and right back would also do, but strikers are top priority. Three great loans, costing 15-20k per week would be 300k+ over six months and that is money well spent, compared to relegation, which would cost £5m+ per year. Ruben knows it!

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

We might have spent more, but we have taken much more out than we have put in. Eze, Wells, Hugill, Pugh, Rangel, Hall, Leinstner, Manning (and Amos) have been replaced by players on a fraction of the salary. Thats the real problem. Thomas isn't Eze, Bonne isn't Hugill etc.

We play fairly well. If we had Hugill and Wells in the squad in stead of Bonne and Dykes we would probably have had 10 points more and would be mid table and people would be pretty happy with things. It is too easy to say Warburton does not have a clue - the quality of the players is the main problem. There are better managers than Warburton around, but a panic change into Ainsworth, Hill, Cook, Barton etc seems pointless to me - none of those are better managers and it is not very likely such change would give more points onboard.

I think a couple of good strikers arriving in January will make a significant change. A midfielder, central defender and right back would also do, but strikers are top priority. Three great loans, costing 15-20k per week would be 300k+ over six months and that is money well spent, compared to relegation, which would cost £5m+ per year. Ruben knows it!
                        You sound optimistic that January investment will come Oslo , I hope your right .

Comment

Originally posted by croxleyhoops View Post
                          We have signed something like 23-25 players in the 18 months that Warburton has been here which would suggest that he has been backed. His football is all about keeping the ball but he does not have the players to hurt the opposition. Last season we had some quality in The final 3rd with Eze, Wells, Hughill, BOS, Manning, now we have nothing yet spent £2m on Dykes who is pants and just goes through the motions and £2m on Bonne who at least puts in a shift but whom Charlton fans did not rate.
                          We have a midfield zero pace which consists of 2 converted defenders and Carroll who has so many touches, 90% of which are sideways. Chair at least tries to be positive.
                          Warburton needs to go now and to bring in someone who can put some fight and passion and pace into the team.
                          I don't think we spent £2m on Dykes and Bonne. This is the total value of the contract if/when all extras kicks in, like goals scored, matches played, promotion etc. I guess we paid £1m for Dykes and £750k for Bonne, raising as the various thresholds are met.

Comment

Your previous post suggests this is not Warburtons fault , that could be argued if the dof was going above Warbs head and signing players . This clearly is not happening.
                            I never said that at all. The point I’m making is this pony team is not ONLY Warburtons fault.....we have a DOF responsible for player signings (or why is he here?).

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              True and this has been going on nearly all season not just the last few.

the manager is simply not good enough. Bonne needs more games alongside another striker rather than alone.
                              Cameron is done as is Adomah by the looks of his recent performances.
                              Get Willock in on the wing and Bettache in the middle (although I haven’t really seen enough of him to know how he plays).
                              Also, I have always been in favour of a few loans, the same as nearly all the other successful teams do in this division.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

I agree with parts of your post especially your final paragraph , but Warburton is the one who cannot do defensive coaching, cannot influence a game with his tactics or substitutions, so yes, he is largely to blame.

His team formations and team selections are woefully. neither striker is good enough as a lone forward so play the two of them (or give Kelman a chance).

Adomah has hardly featured (if he is so unfit, why sign him on a 2 year deal)?

Comment

Working...
                                X