Relegation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relegation

A lot of talk about us going down even before the transfer window closed.

We all feeling a bit better now? Surely, there can't be fans out there thinking we're one of the three worst teams in this league? I'm very please with the busines we did and there are teams with bigger budgets than us doing much worse.

I still think we're in for a mid table finish around 60-65 points.

I'm confident we will stay up,was before season started and still am. We JUST got past Rotherham tonight,but certainly wont get carried away,but after losing to Barnsley and Coventry this was a massive game .
    I predicted a 17th spot finish before the season started,I stick with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
      I'm confident we will stay up,was before season started and still am. We JUST got past Rotherham tonight,but certainly wont get carried away,but after losing to Barnsley and Coventry this was a massive game .
      I predicted a 17th spot finish before the season started,I stick with that.
      I'd take 17th now for sure, that would be about 58pts. Tops would be 10th on 65pts.

We've had a tough 3-4 years but we now have a team with a squad of our own players. We are going to lose a fair few games this season but we are moving in the right direction.

Hopefully a few more glass half full fans out there. Let's get this season done and give it a good go next season.

Comment

The last couple of games we have played some decent stuff we could do with a versatile defender can play CB or RB

kakay was like a headless chicken last night Kane weirdly looks better at present. Midfield had more balance as well with Willock playing. It’s a young squad only Barbet with experience last night in back 4. A decent keeper at last in Dieng just looks the part. And fair play to Warbs I thought the side v Watford looked weak but they had a run around.

deffo more than 3 worse side than us and we have something to build on now instead of makeshifts and loan players.

Comment

Blimey! Things must be dire...... I was convinced that after last night's sensational dismantlement of the Mighty Millers Sheepy would be on here talking about automatic promotion. However, he's only talking mid-table and even mentioned the "R" word in passing, WTF??? Are you feeling okay fellah????

Comment

Game was interesting last night as in stages our young team showed some great moves but it was very much broken up by a team who bullied us who in my opinion had hardly any quality. Rotherham will be lucky to stay up for sure. While its hard to moan as if you look at the team (outside our forwards), we are playing development players who need time. Sadly I fear for our defensive coaching because in my opinion this is our weak spot. Not the individual players but more the way we are playing.

I can see some of these players developing into good transfer funds in the future.

Comment

The most important thing for me is that we seem to have found back to our DNA. Of course, we still miss a few puzzles in the jigsaw, and a few of our newly bought players struggle to find form and/or their place in the team, but on the whole, it looks like Warburton and his staff have managed to turn the corner.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

I think we are one decent centre back away from really pushing up the table, if we can get another championship quality centre back, then we could have the quality to finish in mid-top half finish this season.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                  I think we are one decent centre back away from really pushing up the table, if we can get another championship quality centre back, then we could have the quality to finish in mid-top half finish this season.
                  I agree .

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    Blimey! Things must be dire...... I was convinced that after last night's sensational dismantlement of the Mighty Millers Sheepy would be on here talking about automatic promotion. However, he's only talking mid-table and even mentioned the "R" word in passing, WTF??? Are you feeling okay fellah????
                    I was tempted to start a 'Play Off' thread but thought better of it! We still have some weaknesses that may need a couple of transfer windows to sort out. But mid table seems likely which I thought we'd get to before the season started.

I only mentioned 'relegation' to draw out those who thought that's where we were heading. Not sure where those naysayers are now???

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                      I think we need to add another striker or give Kelman a chance, because from what I have seen so far from Dykes and Bonne is that getting into double figures is going to be a challenge for either of them. I know that chances have been at a premium for them but those that they have had they've missed. We need someone more clinical or who can create his own chances.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I think we need to add another striker or give Kelman a chance, because from what I have seen so far from Dykes and Bonne is that getting into double figures is going to be a challenge for either of them. I know that chances have been at a premium for them but those that they have had they've missed. We need someone more clinical or who can create his own chances.
                        Once MW knows how to play Dykes to his strengths then we'll start seeing lot's of goals and assists, until then we could have any forward with the same.

Watch him when he plays for Scotland, a different player.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Once MW knows how to play Dykes to his strengths then we'll start seeing lot's of goals and assists, until then we could have any forward with the same.

Watch him when he plays for Scotland, a different player.
                          I agree MW is not getting the best out of Dykes with the way he sets out his team to play, just saying that he has missed what few chances fell to him in open play (apart from his handball effort against Watford and the chance he so cleverly put away against Rotherham but was disallowed for a questionable foul).

I hope we do find a way to get more out of Dykes (and Bonne), perhaps more crosses into the box from BOS and Adomah, or some creativity from the likes of Chair, Willock and if he gets a chance, Bettache.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I agree MW is not getting the best out of Dykes with the way he sets out his team to play, just saying that he has missed what few chances fell to him in open play (apart from his handball effort against Watford and the chance he so cleverly put away against Rotherham but was disallowed for a questionable foul).

I hope we do find a way to get more out of Dykes (and Bonne), perhaps more crosses into the box from BOS and Adomah, or some creativity from the likes of Chair, Willock and if he gets a chance, Bettache.
                            Hasnt he had a few cleared off the line from open play - defo one in the last game, or was it the Watford one?

On another note - I hope McKenna is enjoying his time at Forest!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X