Thoughts and ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts and ratings

Well deserved point against a team that will be top 4, shocking start as Masterson misses the ball at the near post, however Rangers eventually settled and I thought were the better side second half, sure Watford had a couple of decent chances, however so did we.
    A couple of close penalty calls for us for handball, seen VAR give them in the Prem, Barbet also clearly fouled in the box so the ref gave a free kick to them.
    Just feel Warburton needs to get the right mix, for me a midfield with both Cameroon and Ball is a non starter, however enjoyed the game, onwards and upwards.

Dieng 8. Confident good keeper
    Kane 7. Got forward well and generally had a good game
    Wallace 6 Exposed and left
    by himself a couple of times, however played ok, was he injured ?
    Barbet 7 solid game
    Masterson 7 He will know he ####ed up, however recovered and had a very good second half
    Cameroon 6 again doesn’t do a lot wrong, however offers little going forward
    Ball 7. Not sure why he was subbed as was doing fine
    Carrol 5 Does some good things, however set them up for 2 chances, 1 which led to a goal, just loses possession to much in dangerous areas
    BOS 8 dangerous all game, should have been given more of the ball
    Chair 6 not always at his best, however never gives up and took goal well
    Bonne 6 worked hard, should have scored with his header.

Subs Nico H 7 good 45 mins
    Willock 7 good player should start
    Adomah 6 crossings bit off
    Dykes 6 real shame he misjudged that cross, kept their defence on their toes

I personally think the team deserve a lot of credit today, shocking start, could have got worse, but they dug in and totally deserved at least a point, people forget we are a young team up against experienced team of X prem players,Sarr alone quoted at 40 million, not to sure about that

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
    Well deserved point against a team that will be top 4, shocking start as Masterson misses the ball at the near post, however Rangers eventually settled and I thought were the better side second half, sure Watford had a couple of decent chances, however so did we.
    A couple of close penalty calls for us for handball, seen VAR give them in the Prem, Barbet also clearly fouled in the box so the ref gave a free kick to them.
    Just feel Warburton needs to get the right mix, for me a midfield with both Cameroon and Ball is a non starter, however enjoyed the game, onwards and upwards.

Barbet 7 solid game
    Masterson 7 He will know he ####ed up, however recovered and had a very good second half
    Carrol 5 Does some good things, however set them up for 2 chances, 1 which led to a goal, just loses possession to much in dangerous areas

I personally think the team deserve a lot of credit today, shocking start, could have got worse, but they dug in and totally deserved at least a point, people forget we are a young team up against experienced team of X prem players,Sarr alone quoted at 40 million, not to sure about that
    Playing in an empty souless stadium is no help true it applies to both sides but the KPFS (lotftus rd) really does have an effect when the fans see the team digging in and having à go often turns gamesinto wins

Comment

Not many bad performances today , Carrolls passing was off 1st half but got better as game went on .I felt we were the better side and deserved to win . Did Deeney even touch the ball after coming on at half time in his cup final .

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

Barbet 7 solid game

Thought Ball was best player 1st half tbh I thought we lost it for a bit after he went off which sounds odd if reading as we dominated most 2nd half

1st half we did ok they shaded it but considering we ballsed up so early we did better than I expected

6 points clear at bottom couple of wins on spin would do us world of good. We play some nice stuff at times we just need a bit more composure and a midfielder that’s got a bit more than what’s in squad. Not sure if Thomas is that man or Battache but good effort today against a lot stronger squad than we gave .

Comment

Only a matter of time before we start moving up the table me thinks.

Comment

Could have and should won that.
            bad defending for there goal and another couple of heart in the mouth moments but for the keeper.
            Very impressed with him.
            Well worked goal for us,good touch by dykes.
            Def penalty can't see why it wasn't given at all??.
            Overall good game,
            Happy weekend all round.

Comment

Working...
            X