PL and EFL set to miss out on £300m government rescue package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PL and EFL set to miss out on £300m government rescue package

Actually baffles me that sports such as rugby etc are set to receive help yet the one sport which is most popular and most important for the economy in many ways is missing out ...

9 million to champ clubs and 23m below champ level.

So, not nothing..

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
      9 million to champ clubs and 23m below champ level.

So, not nothing..
      Each or between?

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsmanjake View Post

Each or between?
        If it was 9 million each, that would nearly equate to 220 million roughly in itself. We dont have a pot to #### in...

9million between champ clubs and 23 between lg 1 / 2 etc

Comment

I would be minded to riot in Whitehall if any of my taxes went to a professional football team. It would be like giving state aid to Amazon or Philip Green..... completely indefensible. Football is a venal, grubby money-grabbing enterprise that is awash with cash. Doesn't need a hand-out, just needs to get a grip of its own finances and sort out its business model.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            I would be minded to riot in Whitehall if any of my taxes went to a professional football team. It would be like giving state aid to Amazon or Philip Green..... completely indefensible. Football is a venal, grubby money-grabbing enterprise that is awash with cash. Doesn't need a hand-out, just needs to get a grip of its own finances and sort out its business model.
            Absolutely.

The EPL and EFL can get loans against future TV rights with repayments starting five years from now, and t that point start reducing the money paid to clubs. This will give clubs time to offer players reduced contracts in line with reduced TV income five years from now.

It ain't difficult......!

Comment

Working...
            X