biggest crowd at loftus road!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biggest crowd at loftus road!!

what is the biggest attendence you have seen down the R'S over the years-mine was about 30,000 odd against the gunners-1976/77. old loft,sth.a.road and away end!
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Saw us play Chelsea on boxing day about 1982ish the elec scoreboard showed 23000

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrford Ranger View Post
      Saw us play Chelsea on boxing day about 1982ish the elec scoreboard showed 23000
      Leeds circa 75, 35,500

Comment

Saw us at home against Leeds and I think the crowd was about 33,000 which I think is still the record at Loftus Rd.

Got my first ever punch in the face at a football game that day by a Leeds fan afterwards as well walking back to the tube when the Leeds fans ran out of the old White City Stadium where their coaches were parked :what:

Comment

Prob our last home game in the prem against west ham, or semi final against oldham.
          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I was at the cup qf v palarse with the pitch invasion . Ground was busy that day but don't know what the attendance was

Comment

Originally posted by Boo Radley View Post
              Leeds circa 75, 35,500
              Our record crowd!

Comment

Our record crowd!
                defo our biggest..the old loft was a total buzz..standing in one place then bang..GOAL..THEN YOU WOULD END UP IN A DIFFERENT PART..spend 20 mins looking for yr pals..great days!
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

I was at the cup qf v palarse with the pitch invasion . Ground was busy that day but don't know what the attendance was
                  mad buzz that day..will route out the final programe..will have the attendence on there
                  PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

The biggest crowd at Loftus rd was 35,353, we beat leeds 2-0, what a day, lost my glasses.

But, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the biggest attendance for a QPR home game was at the White City in the FA Cup, once again against Leeds in the Thirties, 41,000
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

leeds twice 34,000 n 35,000.........although rumour was 60000 attended a game at the white city versus southampton!!!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

24,653 at the game.....team:hucker-fenwick-gillard-waddock-hazell-roeder-currie-flanagan-allen-stainrod-gregory. saturday 6th march-1982.
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                          24,653 at the game.....team:hucker-fenwick-gillard-waddock-hazell-roeder-currie-flanagan-allen-stainrod-gregory. saturday 6th march-1982.
                          that side would cream todays!!
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
                            leeds twice 34,000 n 35,000.........although rumour was 60000 attended a game at the white city versus southampton!!!
                            Highest recorded home attendance was 42,900 vs Leeds in the 4th Round of the FA Cup at White City.

There are anecdotal reports of regular 60,000 crowds at the Park Royal ground in our Southern League days.

Highest at Loftus Road also v Leeds at the end of the 75 season was 35,500. HOWEVER - depending on what turnstile op you believe, the crowd at LR for the West Ham cup tie in Jan 88 exceeded 35,000 by some margin though officially around 24,000 (but many people shared seats, standing in gangways, around the pitch etc.) 27,500 for the home Milk Cup quarter final v Chelsea in 86. I stood in the East Paddock and couldn't move.

Highest to see QPR at an opponents ground (non Wembley) vs Spurs at White Hart Lane in the Wartime League - 72,000...

Stat - mungous!
                            Last edited by Nodge70; 17-02-2010, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                              The biggest crowd at Loftus rd was 35,353, we beat leeds 2-0, what a day, lost my glasses.

But, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the biggest attendance for a QPR home game was at the White City in the FA Cup, once again against Leeds in the Thirties, 41,000
                              correct with the leeds game mate..not sure about white city one(before my time). thought my biggest was 30'000 but was 27,621 against the gunners in the league cup quarter final..tuesday 30th 1977. the team:parkes-clement-gillard-hollins-mclintock-webb-kelly-thomas-masson-bowles-givens. won 2-1(masson-webb). lost to villa in the semi's(played our home leg at highbury in front of 41'000)!!
                              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                              X