Lyndon Dykes Current Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyndon Dykes Current Value

I would imagine his performance the other night against 2 good centre backs would have increased his value ten fold, there would have been a few premier managers keeping an eye on him, could be worth a lot of money in a couple of years.
    Just needs us to give him the support instead of leaving him isolated, not many centre backs will be looking forward to playing against him, he is a proper centre forward from the old days let's people know he is going to battle and not going to have a easy game. All these games at international level will make him a better player.

I said a while back hes very similar to McBurnie and Sheff United paid £20m for him. Dykes has a couple of seasons to go yet and needs to score 15 goals in each of the next two seasons. Doubt his value has gone up much yet - possibly £5m???

I can see him being sold for £20m in the summer of 2022 at which point he'll have two years left on his contract. One year plus the one year option. Again he wont go into that last year for obvious reasons. I wouldnt be ayprised to see Kelman go for the same fee soon after.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      I said a while back hes very similar to McBurnie and Sheff United paid £20m for him. Dykes has a couple of seasons to go yet and needs to score 15 goals in each of the next two seasons. Doubt his value has gone up much yet - possibly £5m???

I can see him being sold for £20m in the summer of 2022 at which point he'll have two years left on his contract. One year plus the one year option. Again he wont go into that last year for obvious reasons. I wouldnt be ayprised to see Kelman go for the same fee soon after.
      Mcburnie was way overpriced Dykes has a lot more to offer, Mcburnie is probably championship standard at best he hasn't even scored at international level, he should have had at least one from three great chances yesterday he seems to have 2 left feet, and doesn't win as many balls in the air as Dykes, when they took Dykes off with a few minutes to go the other night Scotland struggled as Mcburnie couldn't hold the ball up and the consequences was they were under pressure and conceded in the last minute, I'm sure that would not have happened with Dykes on, and I would think manager's would be looking at that ability and if he creates goals that is a big plus but as you say he needs to score his fair share, but he needs that service and that's where we struggle to do.
      I think within a couple of years he will be a premiership player, I hope it is with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post

Mcburnie was way overpriced Dykes has a lot more to offer, Mcburnie is probably championship standard at best he hasn't even scored at international level, he should have had at least one from three great chances yesterday he seems to have 2 left feet, and doesn't win as many balls in the air as Dykes, when they took Dykes off with a few minutes to go the other night Scotland struggled as Mcburnie couldn't hold the ball up and the consequences was they were under pressure and conceded in the last minute, I'm sure that would not have happened with Dykes on, and I would think manager's would be looking at that ability and if he creates goals that is a big plus but as you say he needs to score his fair share, but he needs that service and that's where we struggle to do.
        I think within a couple of years he will be a premiership player, I hope it is with us.
        I agree Scotland look a much better side with Dykes up front than Mcburnie , hopefully his price will reflect that when it comes to selling him on .

Comment

Funny how people see players, I will give him a chance and hope he scores a hatful of goals for us, however at the moment I think he looks a bit out of his depth, early days I know, , apart from penalties has really only had 1 chance which was the header, although Harry Kane would struggle with the poor service our strikers get.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
            Funny how people see players, I will give him a chance and hope he scores a hatful of goals for us, however at the moment I think he looks a bit out of his depth, early days I know, , apart from penalties has really only had 1 chance which was the header, although Harry Kane would struggle with the poor service our strikers get.
            Spot on I think by playing Adomah and Willock out wide will help him he’s had Chair who’s been hopeless and Bos who’s crossing is erratic as service the two headers Bonne scored came from passes from our centre backs, sums it up really

Comment

His work rate is commendable and will be noted by some clubs, however, he needs to score some goals from open play for us before we can get a big fee for him, but yes, he needs proper service to do so.

Adomah , BOS , Chair & Willock need to create more chances and put mote crosses into the area to help him and Bonne to score.

Comment

Dykes has done well for Scotland and he certainly gives 100% playing for them.
                as yet he hasnt really played well for us ,he hasnt scored a goal from open play and has looked a bit lost at times,looking very average ( let's be honest) .
                His value should increase ,but I hope it does based on his performances for us,rather than his performances for Scotland .
                it is reported we paid about £1.75 million for him,at least ,based for his Scotland performances only I would think his current value has doubled so we would make a decent profit if we were to sell him at this moment .
                I am optimistic Dykes will become a good striker for us ,and hopefully form a decent partnership with Bonne .

Comment

Maybe he just needs a goal to kick start his scoring , sure this will come soon .

Comment

We are a selling club. Big offer in next window, ie just weeks away, and we have to cash-in. I have no problem with that whatsoever, doesn't matter if player has been here 5 years, 5 months or 5 weeks - it's purely a financial decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      We are a selling club. Big offer in next window, ie just weeks away, and we have to cash-in. I have no problem with that whatsoever, doesn't matter if player has been here 5 years, 5 months or 5 weeks - it's purely a financial decision.
                      No, but yeah but, no but.........

Comment

BOS gives us a problem with Dykes as he never lifts the ball when he crosses it and he never tries to cross early. Adomah clearly doesn't last more than about 50 minutes and now Manning has gone we do not have good crossers from full back or wing back (though Barbet is capable if he gets wider).

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          Not sure we'll see an offer in the next window, apart from Scotland, he hasn't shown too much for us.

But why sell so soon, wouldn't it be better to let him mature and grow this season and hopefully see a better bid in the Summer if one materialises.

Comment

If the price is right

Comment

Personally not too impressed with him , but it’s early days and probably needs time to settle in and adjust to the English game , certainly has the attributes to be a good player for us though fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                              X