Video vs Derby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video vs Derby

MARK Warburton was a happy man as he reflected on QPR’s second win in the space of four days.

Macauley Bonne’s 88th minute header sealed all three points at Derby, following hot on the heels of Saturday’s victory over Cardiff.

“It’s a great time to score a goal, that’s for sure,” Warburton said, “but I thought we were very good in the first half tonight.

We had two big chances that we didn’t take and in the second half we were sloppy and untidy with the ball, and Derby came back into the game.”

The Rams have only won once so far this season, and as they searched for a winner, the R’s capitalised.

“Derby obviously wanted to get the three points at home and they were pushing people forward and there were gaps in behind them,” Warburton said.

“We felt if we could transition quickly and play the ball forward quickly we would be in, and we did that. It was late in the game, but we did it.”

Bonne converted a great delivery from Rob Dickie. The centreback returned to the side following his one-match suspension and turned in an excellent performance at the heart of the Rangers defence.

“Rob was very good,” Warburton added.

“You saw tonight his quality individually and you saw his partnership with Yoann Barbet, and the backline standing up.

“It was a team that fought really hard, collectively a good performance and an important three points for us.”

QPR travel to Blackburn this weekend for their seventh game in 21 days – and the R’s boss is set to make changes for the fixture.

“We have a squad with depth and we have young players who are keen to impress,” he said.

“We will make a few changes on Saturday to keep it fresh because it is an important game for us, that’s for sure.

“We will get back in the early hours of Thursday, have a little bit of rest and then travel again on Friday.

“We know what we have to do, all the teams face the same challenges.

“We will rest well, analyse tonight and then move on very quickly to Saturday.”

Comment

Comment

I wonder what changes he will be making.

I would start by giving Chair a rest, not because of form, but think that he is looking jaded in some games or latter stages of them, having started in all our League matches so far. I would replace him with Willock. Cameron also may need to be rested and replaced with Ball. Maybe bring in Bettache as well.

Keep the back 4 as this is a core part of the team and the full backs have only played in the last 2 matches anyway. From MWs comments it sounds like he feels the CB pairing of Dickie and Barbet is also a mainstay of his team.

We only have 2 CFs so resting them is not really much of an option as they will both need to play a part in the Blackburn game. It could be that Bonne will start, but I suspect Dykes will be needed for the 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          I wonder what changes he will be making.

I would start by giving Chair a rest, not because of form, but think that he is looking jaded in some games or latter stages of them, having started in all our League matches so far. I would replace him with Willock. Cameron also may need to be rested and replaced with Ball. Maybe bring in Bettache as well.

Keep the back 4 as this is a core part of the team and the full backs have only played in the last 2 matches anyway. From MWs comments it sounds like he feels the CB pairing of Dickie and Barbet is also a mainstay of his team.

We only have 2 CFs so resting them is not really much of an option as they will both need to play a part in the Blackburn game. It could be that Bonne will start, but I suspect Dykes will be needed for the 2nd half.
          Guess what Stan , I actually agree with you for a change .

Comment

Working...
          X