Marc Pugh to sign for Shrewsbury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marc Pugh to sign for Shrewsbury?

What the hell did we offer him? Not the greatest but he would have done a job in our feeble mid field.

Would be more effective than chair this season so far if he had played left mid for every game.

Comment

Haha.

Left because we couldnt afford his previous contract and offered what we could. Now playing for a pint and a cheese sandwich. When not to gamble.....

Comment

Did we even offer him a deal ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
          Did we even offer him a deal ?
          Don't think we did. We had to trim numbers and he left by mutual consent.
          "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

Don't think we did. We had to trim numbers and he left by mutual consent.
            That’s what I thought .

Comment

Assumed we had to trim the budget and as he was the highest earner he wouldnt drop to out budget. Hence we went our separate ways. NW said he wanted to keep him but the numbers didnt work.

Comment

This is pretty scandalous. I get the fact that his contract/wages situation last season meant we had to stop playing him. But it's unbelievable that we couldn't have sorted something out with him this season, particularly given he clearly will not be picking up silly wages at Gay Meadow - affordability can't have been an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  This is pretty scandalous. I get the fact that his contract/wages situation last season meant we had to stop playing him. But it's unbelievable that we couldn't have sorted something out with him this season, particularly given he clearly will not be picking up silly wages at Gay Meadow - affordability can't have been an issue.
                  Perhaps he thought he could get a better deal like Hall did.

He gambled and lost? Eventually took what was on offer, instead of sitting it out until Jan

Comment

Official now

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Perhaps he thought he could get a better deal like Hall did.

He gambled and lost? Eventually took what was on offer, instead of sitting it out until Jan

Still don't get why both parties couldn't have had a grown up conversation about re-visting situation in early October? Yeah, let him go off and explore other offers but doors always open here. It feels like both sides have cut off their noses to spite their faces and everyone lost out.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Still don't get why both parties couldn't have had a grown up conversation about re-visting situation in early October? Yeah, let him go off and explore other offers but doors always open here. It feels like both sides have cut off their noses to spite their faces and everyone lost out.
                        Yeah- but I guess by then we had other younger options on our horizons or we'd done our budget?

Who knows - but does seem Pugh wasnt COVID sensible in July on his salary expectations and has highly likely to have got less now. Very frustrating however it all panned out.

Comment

As you say it is a very frustrating issue because he ciuld certainly have done a reasonable job in our midfield this season.

Comment

Working...
                          X