Irish heritage QPR fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wormholt View Post
    most of the fellows i knew from the white city estate in the 70's were all of irish decent.
    proper irish surnames, still see a few of them now and again.
    as someone on here mentioned the goldhawk, my father in law, from galway, always in there back in the day.
    even the springbok and flanagans (remember that boozer in uxbridge road) was full of paddys.
    what was the name of the boozer on shepherds bush green where mcdonalds is now , got a good irish crowd in there as it had a music licence

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

what was the name of the boozer on shepherds bush green where mcdonalds is now , got a good irish crowd in there as it had a music licence
      Was it the Wellington Arms ? or Tavern ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Was it the Wellington Arms ? or Tavern ?
        yeah think it was the wellington, used to have jack the rippers in there. remember all the kids, early 70's, top deck of the bus round the green getting a good eyeful.

Comment

I couldn't stomach all the money collecting for the IRA that went on so I gave all the Irish boozers a swerve. I remember getting chucked out of one, maybe The Hop Poles in Hammersmith - I'm not quite sure if that's even a pub though, for refusing to chuck into the cap getting passed round.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            I couldn't stomach all the money collecting for the IRA that went on so I gave all the Irish boozers a swerve. I remember getting chucked out of one, maybe The Hop Poles in Hammersmith - I'm not quite sure if that's even a pub though, for refusing to chuck into the cap getting passed round.
            they used to try it on a few of the sites back in the 80s , doubt if any of it ever got back....

Comment

Grandparents were from County Cork.
              Most my mates as a kid were of Irish decent.
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                Count me in grandparents from the old country
                I’m aware this is an old thread but, whereabouts were the old pair from?

Comment

Working...
                X