Current position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current position

Maybe I’m just in a bad mood and sorry if my post is simply a combination of other posts but;

I am really concerned about our squad as it stands. I know the obvious response will be ‘calm down, transfer window not shut yet, there are 3 teams worse than us etc’

If Lyndon is injured, we do not have another striker
    BOS head has been turned so without his goals/assists added to Eze, Hugill, Wells we have stripped out pretty much 90% of our fire power

Defensively in preseason we’ve looked awful again. We’ve lost Rangel and Hall and replaced with Dickie only. So you could say we are worse off than last year and that takes some doing!

GK is a weakness as we all know

I hate weekends when we lose, ruins Sunday. Yes I know, I need to get a life but please fellow posters give me hope!!

Nope. You are right.

Seriously though, it was all doom and gloom this time last year too but I think most would admit that the season was not a bad one. There seems to be good spirit in the camp so they may yet surprise all of us.
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

1. calm down, transfer window not shut yet, there are 3 teams worse than us etc’

2. to avoid ruining Sunday, don't look at results till Monday - Monday's are bad enough anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
        1. calm down, transfer window not shut yet, there are 3 teams worse than us etc’

2. to avoid ruining Sunday, don't look at results till Monday - Monday's are bad enough anyway

LOL - cheered me up, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
          Nope. You are right.

Seriously though, it was all doom and gloom this time last year too but I think most would admit that the season was not a bad one. There seems to be good spirit in the camp so they may yet surprise all of us.
          Spot on, every year is doom and gloom before season starts. Then QPR flatter to deceive, and the heady heights of play offs are eyed. Then reality happens, and we lose a few, and relegation trap door unavoidably beckons.

Been there, got the T shirt, worn it and taken it to the charity shop.

Comment

Our squad is relegation fodder as it stands.

Weve lost all our goal scorers and some how our defence is weaker than last year - a defence which let in 75 plus goals.

MW keeps saying we want two or three more layers and we need 5/6 decent champ players.

Most worrying things is the players we are linked with seem to be players who have no history of playing at this level and will be gambles.

Still 4 weeks to go and if we are to hang hope on the club bringing more players in and get to got right then I think the signings they have made have been good so far.

However, they are not currently enough to replace the 50 plus goals Hugil, Eze, Wells and the soon to be gone BOS scored or to repair the defence that let on 75 goals.

Comment

After reading this thread my Tuesday has been ruined!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                After reading this thread my Tuesday has been ruined!
                The truth hurts!

Comment

We are 9/2 odds for the drop at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    We are 9/2 odds for the drop at the mo.
                    Perhaps, but those more likely are:

Wycombe
                    Sheff Wed
                    Rotherham
                    Coventry
                    Reading
                    Luton

Our odds suggest a 17th place finish

Comment

How poor must we really be if we find our fans wishing and hoping for a 17th placed finish in English footballs 2nd tier. Just about sums up where we are in the footballing pyramid I suppose...

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
                        How poor must we really be if we find our fans wishing and hoping for a 17th placed finish in English footballs 2nd tier. Just about sums up where we are in the footballing pyramid I suppose...
                        Where did I say I hoped for 17th place?

My comment was in relation to relegation odd. The bookies have the teams I mentioned as more likely than us to be relegated. I expect a 10-13th place finish around 65 points.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
                          This exactly.
                          we are poor and some think we are heading down,whilst others think the club is heading on the right direction. Only time will tell.

I am concerned with the lack of new signings and believe 2 or 3 more will leave us well short. We will concede more and score less this season and finish lower than last season for sure, if what MW says is true.

Comment

The ambition of the club seems to be survival or mid table at best.

Wells & Hugill were both signed before last season kicked off unless Dykes hits yhe ground running QPR will struggle for goals until another competent striker is signed.

Its bad enough having the 3rd worse defence last season possibly weakened , but to head into the season with a much weakened attack is suicidal.

The season kicks off in 3 days time. Other sides that were lower than us last season have strengthened their squads including Stoke Birmingham and Luton.

Nobody should be complacent and think there are 3 worse sides than QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              The ambition of the club seems to be survival or mid table at best.

Wells & Hugill were both signed before last season kicked off unless Dykes hits yhe ground running QPR will struggle for goals until another competent striker is signed.

Its bad enough having the 3rd worse defence last season possibly weakened , but to head into the season with a much weakened attack is suicidal.

The season kicks off in 3 days time. Other sides that were lower than us last season have strengthened their squads including Stoke Birmingham and Luton.

Nobody should be complacent and think there are 3 worse sides than QPR.
                              I stand to be corrected but didn’t the transferWindow close before the start of last season , meaning everyone got there business done in good time and were ready .to go . The virus and late start to the season has changed that meaning we still have another 3 weeks left to do business.

Comment

Working...
                              X