3 games off, £60 travel out of pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 games off, £60 travel out of pocket

I think despite admittedly heavy rain last night the fact it was off was an effing joke. I have sat & watched QPR games at loftus road in equally heavy rain in last 33 years.

When I decided to move to Torquay(No regrets) I knew potentially the odd game would be off but now I fear a wet day. :what:

I paid £16.60 return coach travel & just got home,people I saw at the box office had come from Aberdeen. I got news at 7pm. Apparently they waited till 6.50pm for Watford coach to turn up.

This sat I am travelling by train £30 return,hope it dont rain.:(

So much for your weather prediction skills
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
      I think despite admittedly heavy rain last night the fact it was off was an effing joke. I have sat & watched QPR games at loftus road in equally heavy rain in last 33 years.

When I decided to move to Torquay(No regrets) I knew potentially the odd game would be off but now I fear a wet day. :what:

I paid £16.60 return coach travel & just got home,people I saw at the box office had come from Aberdeen. I got news at 7pm. Apparently they waited till 6.50pm for Watford coach to turn up.

This sat I am travelling by train £30 return,hope it dont rain.:(
      Hope you got home safe mate.

Have you bought a ticket for Saturday??

If you havent let me know and i'll happily get you one fella.

Comment

I remember the game at Wolves a few years back -- torrential rain, players wading at times, but Gallen still managed a sublime lob to score for us.
        Can't believe our pitch was as bad as that one that day.
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Cant as been as bad as Col Us pitch last week and they still played.
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
            Cant as been as bad as Col Us pitch last week and they still played.
            Yep -- that was a shocker.
            A real 70's throwback.
            Sort of pitch Stan thrived on.

Comment

The weather against Norwich last season was dreadful and the game went on.

But I have to say that it rained in central and north London yesterday for almost 18 hours. If it was anything like that in West London, I am not surprised it was called off.

ASnyone look on the bright side. With Harford in charge, QPR wold probably have lost the game. Now, if he gets sacked a new manager will get an extra game (and a winable one at that).

Comment

predict the game will be called off, still go anyway, then moan....superb

Comment

Originally posted by terry ball View Post
                  predict the game will be called off, still go anyway, then moan....superb
                  Well If theres any justice you wont be at any of our remaining fixtures.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                    Well If theres any justice you wont be at any of our remaining fixtures.
                    glad you got home ok mate

Comment

Originally posted by scott_jones View Post
                      Hope you got home safe mate.

Have you bought a ticket for Saturday??

If you havent let me know and i'll happily get you one fella.
                      thanks very kind offer

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                        I remember the game at Wolves a few years back -- torrential rain, players wading at times, but Gallen still managed a sublime lob to score for us.
                        Can't believe our pitch was as bad as that one that day.
                        Believe me games went ahead in a lot worse during the 70's and early 80's.
                        Before the plastic pitch we must have had one of the worst pitches, but still they played.
                        Queens Park Rangers
                        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

neil, you hinted games could be off
                          so why travel....cos of the "hope"

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                            Believe me games went ahead in a lot worse during the 70's and early 80's.
                            Before the plastic pitch we must have had one of the worst pitches, but still they played.
                            Yes, well remember Stan making great use of the mud to jink his way through entire defences.
                            Real talent.
                            Real football.

Comment

Neil, at least you got a day out at the local library
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                              X