I see Stoke have released Adam Federici

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Stoke have released Adam Federici

Probably better than all our GKs pt together. I suppose there will be shedloads of players released over coming weeks - possibly some opportunity to get players of a better standard than you might think our finances permit?

No thanks

Comment

He was better than Lumley or Kelly but whether he still is I am not sure. Definitely would consider him as an option though, as he has been kept out of the side by Butland.

Comment

We look devoid of ideas and no cf v milwall maybe a bit too physical

don’t mind losing all 3 if we showed fight and intensity

Comment

This sort of player is what we should be targeting, we need a solid proven championship goal keeper, I think Lumley effected us much more then we think

We had Wells, Eze, Chair, Hugill. I hate all this spin other posters try to spin, the quality of player we’ve had this season should of done better, but we had a weak defence and a non existent goalie

Signing the right goalie will dictate how next season goes, especially when Les Ferdinand makes mistakes with player sales again
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

We have Lumley (6/21), Kelly (6/23), Dieng (6/21) and Barnes (6/21).

We have four keepers and three have one year left on their contracts. Before we look at another one we need to find a home for at least two of the current ones.

Personally I think we'll move Lumley on and run with Kelly and Dieng. I have no idea what the Barnes transfer was all about. At 35yrs Federici is too old to have any possible future value so wouldnt fit into our policy either.

Comment

Goalkeepers are entirely different. No reason a 35 year old cannot provide us with 5 years of solid service.... Imagine a keeper that doesn't let in 60+ goals! The thing with someone like Federici us you know exactly what you're getting. Gambling on the potential of some 2o-year old prospect is utter madness, we cannot go into next season without a proven experienced competent keeper. Obviously I'd rather buy Butland off Stoke but we are potless so that's not gonna happen. Fact is, Kelly and Lumley must've cost us at least 15 points this season with their ineptitude. A solid competent GK is an absolute must if we are to avoid another duff season next term.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                Goalkeepers are entirely different. No reason a 35 year old cannot provide us with 5 years of solid service.... Imagine a keeper that doesn't let in 60+ goals! The thing with someone like Federici us you know exactly what you're getting. Gambling on the potential of some 2o-year old prospect is utter madness, we cannot go into next season without a proven experienced competent keeper. Obviously I'd rather buy Butland off Stoke but we are potless so that's not gonna happen. Fact is, Kelly and Lumley must've cost us at least 15 points this season with their ineptitude. A solid competent GK is an absolute must if we are to avoid another duff season next term.
                Spot on as is QPR when he says we had Eze Chair Wells and Hugill - he left BOS out - and we were amongst the top 3 scorers yet were let down by 2 dodgy goalkeepers and a leaky defence.

Those dropped points are the diffence between where we are and the top 5.

Comment

Working...
                X