£1 mil per month....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £1 mil per month....

Is what the owners are having to provide the club out of their own pockets to ensure we don’t go into admin.

Now you could argue that their dumb decisions over the last 10 years have caused this but they should be given some credit at least

Very true.

You can moan all you want about the past, if they walk away now we're straight into administration.

Comment

I have spoken to a few very wealthy people over the years with regards to football, they all say the same thing its not a profit making business (GENERALLY). Yes a the big boys might make money if they don't blow it all on transfers but most clubs loss money. This is why in my opinion football is broken. The only way to change it is from the top down. However finding out how many people in FIFA, UEFA and maybe the FA are doing well out of football makes you realise its no longer about competition but commercials.

Ultimately the power of the wealth clubs who drive the decisions of the associations.

If I was to point to one solution, its all English clubs become Trusts, 51% owned by the fans. The 49% can be brought by billionaires but they accept all losses and take no money out (i.e. can only put into the club). However this is but a dream

Comment

Cap transfers & salaries

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
          I have spoken to a few very wealthy people over the years with regards to football, they all say the same thing its not a profit making business (GENERALLY). Yes a the big boys might make money if they don't blow it all on transfers but most clubs loss money. This is why in my opinion football is broken. The only way to change it is from the top down. However finding out how many people in FIFA, UEFA and maybe the FA are doing well out of football makes you realise its no longer about competition but commercials.

Ultimately the power of the wealth clubs who drive the decisions of the associations.

If I was to point to one solution, its all English clubs become Trusts, 51% owned by the fans. The 49% can be brought by billionaires but they accept all losses and take no money out (i.e. can only put into the club). However this is but a dream
          I like your idea and it is what some clubs do.

I agree with the opening post and won't abuse the owners for their mistakes made, but I would like them to stay and clear up their mess and if they can return us to were we were when they bought the club. That may also be just a dream.

Comment

I think players have to much power and feel a wage cap must come in.

If the ordinary public and work for £1500 a month, I'm sure 10k a week is more than enough for a player.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              I think players have to much power and feel a wage cap must come in.

If the ordinary public and work for £1500 a month, I'm sure 10k a week is more than enough for a player.

It is and that was nearer the ratio of workers and players pay pre Sky TV and the Premiership.

Now they are miles apart and whilst I think that perhaps they should earn more than they did, it has rocketed to the point that it is not sustainable.

£15-30k in the Premiership would allow clubs to lower ticket prices to £20. The Premiership could even help fund lower league clubs so that no other clubs have to go bankrupt. Of course this will never ever happen.

Comment

Working...
              X