No announcement yet.

We are lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can't forget that even if we get say 20mil both for Eze & BOS, it doesn't mean we can spunk money on players - it's not just the initial outlay, but cost of wages over the period of the contract that needs to be considered plus re-sell value. Also, we need to be using/developing the assets we have.

I think we need to go through a few cycles of developing and selling before we reap the benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
      We can't forget that even if we get say 20mil both for Eze & BOS, it doesn't mean we can spunk money on players - it's not just the initial outlay, but cost of wages over the period of the contract that needs to be considered plus re-sell value. Also, we need to be using/developing the assets we have.

I think we need to go through a few cycles of developing and selling before we reap the benefits.
      You are right , we may well have cash to spend after Eze, Bos and Manning move on but incoming players will still have to fit into our wage structure so that the club still lives within its means moving forward.

Comment

The market is tightening up so fees will be less and they should be. Transfer fees have been stupid for years. £10m now will be like £15m to £20m before lockdown. If we get anything for Manning I'd be happy. We hopefully have some good youngsters like Kakay (as proved last game), Hamalieien (?!), Dieng so let's give them a proper go.

Comment

Working...
        X