X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlton v QPR (Game 2)

Should be three points

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52881671

Should have beat them just before Christmas, very poor game management by rangers that day allowing them to score in injury time. I'm still raging about it plus fell over outside white city tube and cracked a rib, happy days.

Comment

I’d be well pissed off if one of our players said they didn’t wan to finish the season in case they got injured

Comment

Bit weird. Must be many other players in similar position to that Charlton trio.... I'd expect them to cry off sick with a vague back injury rather than just saying "nah, ain't playing". Contracts expiring 30th June was always going to be a big issue and it still will be. Blithely suggesting that contracts should just be extended for 50 days always had the major flaw that you cannot unilaterally alter an employment contract without consent. Lyle Taylor illustrates this point perfectly.

Comment

Seems as if Taylor's life changing move is already in the bag. Our players out of contract include

- Grant Hall
          - Marc Pugh
          - Geoff Cameron
          - Angel Rangel
          - Olamidi Shodipo

Not sure what will happen with the players we have on loan, but if they stay we'll need to pay loan fees for July to their parent clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
            Seems as if Taylor's life changing move is already in the bag. Our players out of contract include

- Grant Hall
            - Marc Pugh
            - Geoff Cameron
            - Angel Rangel
            - Olamidi Shodipo

Not sure what will happen with the players we have on loan, but if they stay we'll need to pay loan fees for July to their parent clubs.
            I was thinking the same thing about whether Hugill will want to play for QPR when it restarts. We can cope without Amos and Clarke, but will need Hugill.

As for those with contracts expiring they could also refuse to play which will leave the club short, but I guess most other Championship clubs must be in similar situations and this could seriously effect the results of the remaining fixtures.

Comment

Cameron and Rangel are physically incapable of playing 9 games in a month, may as well release them now. Even the young fitter lads will be dropping like flies with that schedule in the summer heat. Hopefully most games will kick off in evening when it's cooler.

Comment

Life changing move ? Where ever he is going will have noted his attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I was thinking the same thing about whether Hugill will want to play for QPR when it restarts. We can cope without Amos and Clarke, but will need Hugill.

As for those with contracts expiring they could also refuse to play which will leave the club short, but I guess most other Championship clubs must be in similar situations and this could seriously effect the results of the remaining fixtures.
                  Hugill is contracted to Wrdt Ham until June 2022 so hopefully we can use him to the end of July. Just depends if they want a loan fee for that month after the original one expires on 30th June. I certainly would pay anotherblian fee for Amos and Clarke. But we need bodies to see out the schedule. The squad very thin if injuries happen so get the U23 lads ready too.

Comment

Working...
                  X