Grant Hall airs his concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I think all out of contract players would have their contacts automatically extended until the season is complete so he would still be drawing a wage .
    You cant force a contract extension on someone in football in the same way you cant in other forms of employment. If he knows he wont get a decent offer from us from July he may already know hes be a free agent when his contract runs out on 30th June.

He may be using this situation to ensure he runs his contract down for its remaining 6 weeks to ensure he's not injured when he starts to looks for a new club in July?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

You cant force a contract extension on someone in football in the same way you cant in other forms of employment. If he knows he wont get a decent offer from us from July he may already know hes be a free agent when his contract runs out on 30th June.

He may be using this situation to ensure he runs his contract down for its remaining 6 weeks to ensure he's not injured when he starts to looks for a new club in July?
      So do you believe all out of contract players will play no further part in this season for any club or do you think there will be a blanket agreement to allow players to finish the season ?

Comment

So do you believe all out of contract players will play no further part in this season for any club or do you think there will be a blanket agreement to allow players to finish the season ?
        If there wasnt an offer to extend my contract I wouldnt play unless there was insurance cover in place to pay me till the Jan transfer window in the event of injury. If o had to go back I would go into a hotel to keep away from family and pick up a calf strain on training so I csnt play. Personally, players out of contract shouldnt play because their commitment to the game may be questioned.

Comment

If there wasnt an offer to extend my contract I wouldnt play unless there was insurance cover in place to pay me till the Jan transfer window in the event of injury.
          I understand that , which is why I think due to these unprecedented circumstances all contracts will be extended with consent to allow the season to finish.

Comment

Same could be said for loan players , do they all return to their clubs ?

Comment

Same could be said for loan players , do they all return to their clubs ?
              Whether they're extended or not the player will still be a free agent, so the commitment could be questioned. I wouldnt extend them and add to the wage bill and would release them on 30th June. We are 6pts short of the play offs but will not make up the places because there are too many clubs above us that would all need to go on disastrous runs. I would rather play other players or use it as an introduction for younger players for next season. Loan situation depends upon their parent club situation, if they have years left then they play. If we have to pay additional loan fee to extend into July I suspect we wont have that money and they will go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                If he doesnt want to train then he doesnt play ,its up to him in these circumstances.
                I think he would survive without him
                Yeah but what if 2, 3, 6, 15 team mates opt out? It's an effing mess all round and that's even before you factor in contracts and loan players. The whole concept of gearing up to play football whilst country is still under severe lockdown restrictions is fundamentally flawed and doomed to quickly unravel. All the bullshine about maintaining integrity of the game is slowly eroding too - I guarantee you that no team will get relegated from the Prem this year and that will cause a trickle down effect of carnage and disruption that will ruin next season and probably the one after that too.

Comment

I personally think it is a joke that a number of players in England resist to train/play when other leagues have started or have set concrete dates for restarting. What's so special with English players?
                  Covid-19 is probably less of a risk for healthy players and healthy babies than riding a car or climbing a ladder. If there is any logic in Halls argument of not wanting to face the risk of covid-19 by playing I hope he never gets close to a car, nor a club coach.
                  The fact these overpaid players keep moaning about this insignificant risk while the rest of the country is taking thousand times higher risk by working as health care workers, bus drivers, bin men, shop keepers etc is sickening. Millions are losing their jobs in this time of crisis - it is a small glimmer of light for many of them if they could again follow their favorite football club, if only through streaming. Football players have a responsibility to more people than themselves. Hundreds of thousands of people throughout Europe depend on football for their income.
                  I have always liked Hall, but now I am happy to see the back of him when his contract expires.

Comment

Should he get paid ? He is one of our top earners .
                    No,he has the choice,train and play and be payed or dont train( or play obviously) and dont be paid

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                      I personally think it is a joke that a number of players in England resist to train/play when other leagues have started or have set concrete dates for restarting. What's so special with English players?
                      Covid-19 is probably less of a risk for healthy players and healthy babies than riding a car or climbing a ladder. If there is any logic in Halls argument of not wanting to face the risk of covid-19 by playing I hope he never gets close to a car, nor a club coach.
                      The fact these overpaid players keep moaning about this insignificant risk while the rest of the country is taking thousand times higher risk by working as health care workers, bus drivers, bin men, shop keepers etc is sickening. Millions are losing their jobs in this time of crisis - it is a small glimmer of light for many of them if they could again follow their favorite football club, if only through streaming. Football players have a responsibility to more people than themselves. Hundreds of thousands of people throughout Europe depend on football for their income.
                      I have always liked Hall, but now I am happy to see the back of him when his contract expires.
                      I agree with this.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

He isn't the same player he once was. Becoming a bit of a tart if I'm being honest and that's not something I want from my centre half. Acting like he is 80 and in a care home. Fact is he just doesn't sound keen and he should be jumping at the chance to start up again.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Ignoring Grant's talent and contract situation which are irrelevant to the bigger question about resuming football, I admire fact he's not prepared to just keep quiet and follow the herd but is saying what he thinks. The insidious biased narrative being peddled by owners, TV, Radio and print media underpinned by their personal financial interests absolutely needs challenging. This is the UK, not effing China - anyone should be free to raise concerns about their workplace and their conditions of service, it's a fundamental right. Spouting nonsense suggesting football is different or special and therefore not subject to normal customs and practices is just part of the smoke and mirrors the pushers of Project Restart want the sheep to follow. There is nothing wrong with Grant's viewpoint whatsoever and he should not get dug out over it.

Comment

Then he should stay away from his family for six weeks until the season is over. Plenty of people work overseas and are in the military and dont see their families. Get yourself into a hotel, train, play and earn your £10k a week or hand it back.
                            I agree. They should treat the end of season games like a 'world cup' style event where they stay in a hotel and travel to games for the 6-8 weeks it will take to finish the season.

Comment

Working...
                            X