Wet spam away 80s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet spam away 80s?

Anyone remember what year it was in the 80s when we spanked them 3-0 at Upton Park, just remember Gary Waddock scoring from 25 yards and guy on the tannoy getting into trouble after the game , as we were locked in , wishing our fans all the best and praising the team .

Originally posted by stainrod67 View Post
    Anyone remember what year it was in the 80s when we spanked them 3-0 at Upton Park, just remember Gary Waddock scoring from 25 yards and guy on the tannoy getting into trouble after the game , as we were locked in , wishing our fans all the best and praising the team .
    85 , it was 3 1 to us Hucker got stretchered off and I think Chivers went in goal for the rest of the game .

Comment

think it was 87/88 first game of the season....might have been kevin brocks first game.

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post
        think it was 87/88 first game of the season....might have been kevin brocks first game.
        That was a 4 0 win opening day of season , the Gary Waddock goal was 85 in a 3 1 win , I was in the away end that day .

Comment

Only memory I have of west ham away is a draw 1-1 with us going in front then Bob Hazel scoring an OG with what I remember as a diving header!

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

That was a 4 0 win opening day of season , the Gary Waddock goal was 85 in a 3 1 win , I was in the away end that day .
            remember beating wet away 4-0 when ray wilkins broke his nose, but that was '93.

no, 87/88 was definitely 3-0...first game.

Comment

remember beating wet away 4-0 when ray wilkins broke his nose, but that was '93.

Sorry to pull you wormholt , but the Gary Waddock goal was in a 3 1 win at Upton Park on New Year’s Day 1985 .The game you are referring to was indeed an opening game of 87/88 season .we also beat them 4 0 at theirs in August 93 , when Wilkins and Les took them apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Sorry to pull you wormholt , but the Gary Waddock goal was in a 3 1 win at Upton Park on New Year’s Day 1985 .The game you are referring to was indeed an opening game of 87/88 season .we also beat them 4 0 at theirs in August 93 , when Wilkins and Les took them apart.
                yep agree with all that......

Comment

Thanks guys , Must of missed their goal , definitely 85 , I was 17 at the time and me and my mate , who Is sadly no longer with us , were going to our first away game without parents. Was always allowed to home games alone but our folks not too happy about away games !

Comment

Ahhh away at Upton Park was the scene for one of the best goals I have seen live, the Clive Allen drag backs. What a bamboozler!!

Comment

Fantastic goal , scored a couple at palace that were brilliant too . Not as good as my favourite away goal that I saw live : Wegerle’s at Leeds awesome

Comment

My top 3 goals of all time live are
                        1. Trev
                        2. Clive, drag backs
                        3. Wegerle.

Comment

Yer definitely Trev at 1, Wegerle at 2 and after that got about 6 to pick from !

Comment

Warren Neill against partizan , Ian stewart at Arsenal both at Highbury , Ray Wilkins v Man U?, John Byrne v scum in the 6-0 , David Pizanti I think in the f a cup against wet spam I think and just a few of Adels of course!

Comment

I remember that one. It was Kevin Brock's debut , he scored and QPR were 3- 0 up at half time . that was the season QPR started with a new 5- 3- 2 formation and where top of the league and unbeaten until a 4-0 thumping at Liverpool.

Comment

Working...
                              X