Easter Monday 1986

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Monday 1986

34 years ago beating the scum 6 -0, who was there ? I was in the paddock loft end . They always use to take the ground over in the 80s and I think a lot of our fans would give it a miss. I personally never missed a game against them home or away during this time . My favourite games apart from the 6-0 were winning there during our promotion season in 83 and the milk cup quarter final game in 86 with the Robinson goal from the half way line .Still detest them to this day .

As good a day as it was I think the league Cup 1/4 final game topped the 6-0, at their place under the lights putting them out the cup, sheer bliss, one of my happiest football memories ever.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
      As good a day as it was I think the league Cup 1/4 final game topped the 6-0, at their place under the lights putting them out the cup, sheer bliss, one of my happiest football memories ever.
      Yeah was a good night , I reckon their reputation stopped a lot of our fans going in those days. I would say we only had about 3k there that night but I could be wrong .

Comment

Loved that day. Was sitting with me Chelski mates .....their faces were like thunder whop whop

Comment

I remember getting the score from calling into the local radio station, they would graciously take scores off their Reuters feed, how times have changed, it wouldn't be until the following Saturday that I could see the highlights on a weekly football show from an obscure tv station out of Toronto!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Yeah was a good night , I reckon their reputation stopped a lot of our fans going in those days. I would say we only had about 3k there that night but I could be wrong .
            I was in the seats in East stand top tier, few hundred rangers dotted about as seats were not segregated back then, we had 2 or 3 pens of the North stand terrace but none were jam packed, I've said this on here before about the second goal, as things were getting abit lairy in the seats as time was running out and Chelsea were going out the cup, me and my old man decided to move nearer the exit for the final whistle, whilst walking down the steep stairs " that goal" floated in, my old man couldn't contain himself, arms aloft giving it large. One of my favourite memories of my late dad..

Shame about the final!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post

I was in the seats in East stand top tier, few hundred rangers dotted about as seats were not segregated back then, we had 2 or 3 pens of the North stand terrace but none were jam packed, I've said this on here before about the second goal, as things were getting abit lairy in the seats as time was running out and Chelsea were going out the cup, me and my old man decided to move nearer the exit for the final whistle, whilst walking down the steep stairs " that goal" floated in, my old man couldn't contain himself, arms aloft giving it large. One of my favourite memories of my late dad..

Shame about the final!!!
              Great story loft! Yeah, about that final, that was my first time watching Rangers live, after the 6 nil and knocking them and Liverpool out of the Cup I was certain I was going to see us let the Cup at Wembley, oh how wrong I was!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Yes that cup win at bridge was great to watch & I was was sitting in the stand opposite dug out & quite a few empty seats & amongst Chelsea fans & no trouble, the final well best forgotten about, just didn’t turn up, out numbered Oxford fans & that’s about all, big disappointment when I left Wembley

Comment

The semi final 2nd leg at Anfield was another unforgettable night , great turnout and in full voice , I thought we only had to turn up at Wembley to lift the cup .Wevall know what happened there.

Comment

The semi final 2nd leg at Anfield was another unforgettable night , great turnout and in full voice , I thought we only had to turn up at Wembley to lift the cup .Wevall know what happened there.
                    Didn't we win the tie on 2 away own goals?
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

Didn't we win the tie on 2 away own goals?
                      Yes , crazy , we drew 2 2 that night after winning the first leg 1 0 . We stopped Liverpool doing the treble that year .

Comment

Yes , crazy , we drew 2 2 that night after winning the first leg 1 0 . We stopped Liverpool doing the treble that year .
                        Something else maybe stopping Liverpool winning anything this year.

Comment

I was in The Loft end - can't remember if it was the old Loft though??? I always went in the Loft, right from my first game in early 70s. Yes, all the other big London clubs routinely "took the loft" back then but the front 5 or 6 steps were always Rs fans like me who just point blank refused to ever buy a seat at a match: seats were for OAPs.
                          Only thing I can remember is Ken Bates waving his white hanky in surrender at some point.

Comment

Was in the loft in my school days west Ham , arsenal , and Chelsea regularly.took it , I would always spank a Chelsea fan on the way home as a kind of revenge . The cup win at Chelsea was brilliant back when the cups were as important as the league

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              Was in the loft in my school days west Ham , arsenal , and Chelsea regularly.took it , I would always spank a Chelsea fan on the way home as a kind of revenge . The cup win at Chelsea was brilliant back when the cups were as important as the league
                              Had a chuckle at you spanking a Chelsea fan on the way home . A lot of my mates were scum fans we’d often drink together before games , go in our own ends for game and meet up after for a night of #### taking .

Comment

Working...
                              X