Filling the Void

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling the Void

I've noticed a plethora of vlogs, blogs, articles, podcasts going on about football. Stuff on BBC about best football this or that, endless lists of football or sports related TV shows or documentaries to stream.
    Thing is, I'm totally uninterested. I don't give a monkeys about best ever Premier League Captain or whatever. None of it comes remotely close to actually going to see an Rs game or even following a text report of an Rs game. I'm not even interested in Instagram posts of our players showing themselves being normal citizens..... boring!
    I don't actually feel there is a void to fill. You don't get this sort of carry on during the close season - there's no need for it now at all. If someone with a boring humdrum life like me can happily survive without a constant dripfeed off "footy" I'm sure millions of others can too.
    So what am I doing? A lot of sorting, cleaning, clearing out and tidying. Might even tackle the attic and the dreaded shed. Being creative in kitchen with store cupboard essentials and also planting seeds/crops. And a lot of pottering about and relaxing.
    Basically, I ain't missing football one iota and there's no need for BBC or media to contort themselves finding lame football content - they should all take a break too.

Whatever floats ya boat not a problem. Clean out the shed or watch old QPR videos ....em tough choice

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      I've noticed a plethora of vlogs, blogs, articles, podcasts going on about football. Stuff on BBC about best football this or that, endless lists of football or sports related TV shows or documentaries to stream.
      Thing is, I'm totally uninterested. I don't give a monkeys about best ever Premier League Captain or whatever. None of it comes remotely close to actually going to see an Rs game or even following a text report of an Rs game. I'm not even interested in Instagram posts of our players showing themselves being normal citizens..... boring!
      I don't actually feel there is a void to fill. You don't get this sort of carry on during the close season - there's no need for it now at all. If someone with a boring humdrum life like me can happily survive without a constant dripfeed off "footy" I'm sure millions of others can too.
      So what am I doing? A lot of sorting, cleaning, clearing out and tidying. Might even tackle the attic and the dreaded shed. Being creative in kitchen with store cupboard essentials and also planting seeds/crops. And a lot of pottering about and relaxing.
      Basically, I ain't missing football one iota and there's no need for BBC or media to contort themselves finding lame football content - they should all take a break too.
      You just dont like Big Ears,i cant stand him

Comment

Be careful what you throw out from the shed. You know all those bits you keep because they'll come in useful, but don't know how. Well I threw them all out last year and now realise how useful they'd be now, especially the empty peat and compost bags !!

Comment

I agree with most of what you said, the one big difference between now and the off season though is now we are in lockdown so there are less alternatives!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Be careful what you throw out from the shed. You know all those bits you keep because they'll come in useful, but don't know how. Well I threw them all out last year and now realise how useful they'd be now, especially the empty peat and compost bags !!
            Yes, there could be metal objects that could be used as weapons to defend your house if people try and break in to steal your food.

I really do wish I had a 12 bore in the house but the kitchen knives should do the trick if social order breaks down. No baseball bat around, but I did buy a didgeridoo in Oz back in the day and that should crack a few skulls if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yes, there could be metal objects that could be used as weapons to defend your house if people try and break in to steal your food.

I really do wish I had a 12 bore in the house but the kitchen knives should do the trick if social order breaks down. No baseball bat around, but I did buy a didgeridoo in Oz back in the day and that should crack a few skulls if needed.
              I kept the mattock.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

I kept the mattock.
                Oh yes, a fine weapon of choice Sir!

Get off my land....!!!

Comment

I have an STG44 semi with 25 round mags, also have a couple of bolts, but if anyone encroaches upon my bog rolls, I think the STG should save the day
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Baseball bat an axe and an illegal Ak 47

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      Baseball bat an axe and an illegal Ak 47
                      You can get the SK variation of the AK over here for less than $200 Canadian (about £120ish), you have a choice between Chinese or Russian, and both come with foldable bayonets.
                      Crazy thing is, they are classed as non restricted, even though they fire Nato rounds and are semi automatic. The only restrictions is the mags are pinned to only hold 5 rounds at a time.
                      Just checked and they just hiked the price upto $249, I'm guessing there must be demand
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

America and Canada are fu cked up with their gun laws the only problem is that the American people are also fuc ked up so not rocket science why it all goes so badly wrong
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

USA no more fu cked up than here with selfish #### ignoring social distancing and probably increasing potential increased numbers with this silent killer

Comment

Yeah because new york city is handling it so professionally with nearly any cases, dearey me they have a President that wants to start up all businesses in 2 wks
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

You can get the SK variation of the AK over here for less than $200 Canadian (about £120ish), you have a choice between Chinese or Russian, and both come with foldable bayonets.
                              Crazy thing is, they are classed as non restricted, even though they fire Nato rounds and are semi automatic. The only restrictions is the mags are pinned to only hold 5 rounds at a time.
                              Just checked and they just hiked the price upto $249, I'm guessing there must be demand
                              Quite right because it's always the 6th bullet that kills you.
                              "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Working...
                              X