Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lakshmi and Amit take over, why settle for Warnock...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Lakshmi and Amit take over, why settle for Warnock...

I think if they are taking over, as is hotly suggested, why would we settle for Warnock? I know he'd do a good short term job, but we have had enough of short termism. We really need a younger guy who has good experience but is also still very hungry and would build the club from the bottom up. Ditto why would we want Dowie? His appointment was extremely underwhelming and would be a bit of a joke if he was re-appointed...

We should use this change, if it happens, to draw a line under the Flavio era and start genuinely afresh.

In my eyes warnock would be better than any we have had so far so would actually be a step up.

he can work with nothing...knows how to use youngsters and takes no sh!t.

Comment

I agree with you, but is he the right person for more than a year? I think we have to look towards 5 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
        I agree with you, but is he the right person for more than a year? I think we have to look towards 5 years...
        i don't think anybody can realistically look further than the end of the season....until we at least know what league we will be in.....so for now he would be perfect.........

Comment

I think warnock has a couple of years left in him at least
          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

I agree with you, but can you suggest anyone better than Warnock for the job?

Personally I think he's the only manager who can start improving performances on the pitch, get rid of this settling for half hearted tackling, and mend the gap between players and fans that has become far too large.

Comment

I think you need to stop getting ahead of yourself....... We aren't going to get Mourinho or Ferguson, Warnock would IMO be more than capable of taking us up and keeping us there for the first season we should be looking no further than that, most of the players will have been changed if we reached that point so there is no need to plan to have a manager any longer than that! I would imagine at Warnocks age if he could gain promotion and keep a side there he may well regard that as a job well done and call it a day anyway!

Comment

Why not get Sven

Put him on mostly bonus related pay.
                First stage, keep us in the championship.

Stage 2. get us promoted / in the playoffs next season.

Give him a fair budget, let him use his extensive contacts and he would deliver, I am confident. Englands results improved as soon as he replaced Keegan. He got plenty of good players in at Man City..

He would be ideal..

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
                  Alright Flavio Champions league football and that

Comment

Has this take over gone through yet?Has Mick gone yet?lets wait and see before getting ahead of our selves pls.
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                      i don't think anybody can realistically look further than the end of the season....until we at least know what league we will be in.....so for now he would be perfect.........
                      Spot on!

Comment

I heard Sir Alex was offered an apprenticeship by Flav and he took offence.

Come on warnock would be ideal but I think he won't want the job.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

He will come for the reported £780,000 a year.

Comment

id cum for half that
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I think it would be better to have a manager who could not only gain us promotion but carry us on into the Premiership,
                              rather than what i think the plan is more likely to be, which is, a manager to get us up and then a new one for the Premiership campaign - the problem with this is the new manager will not know the players and you do not have time in the Prem to waste whilst getting to know your side.
                              Let's just hope it's done right, but i don't think we can expect someone really big to just walk in.
                              Last edited by 80sCasual; 16-02-2010, 03:39 PM.
                              Queens Park Rangers
                              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                              X