Revenue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    Owners love the club and are happy to spend but they are not allowed due to the FFP rules.

The club make a loss each week and I'm pretty sure it's being funding by the board, they don't have to stick around but they are.
    So begs the question why,pretty obvious really

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Our owners are far from skint , just trying to stay within ffp rules.
      I'm not sure they are that interested anymore. If ffp allowed clubs to lose 50 million a year we would still be bargain basement shopping because they've had enough. Only hope is new owners who are prepared to gamble, at least up to ffp limit.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        Apart from Wells all are fringe players who have hardly kicked a ball in anger.
        Leistner has been a regular near enough all season.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post

I'm not sure they are that interested anymore. If ffp allowed clubs to lose 50 million a year we would still be bargain basement shopping because they've had enough. Only hope is new owners who are prepared to gamble, at least up to ffp limit.
          The way I understand it it would make little difference with new owners. They wouldn't be able to plough any more money in than the current owners.

the club has to more or less balance it's own books. Money in = money out essentially. At the moment money out is greater than money in. Clubs are permitted to make a modest loss, and it is this the owners are funding. They can't simply pile money in to bale out the club anymore

ps, this is a simplified explanation, I know it conveniently ignore accruals, depreciation etc.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Leistner has been a regular near enough all season.
            Leismer was a regular but before Masterson became part of CB selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

The way I understand it it would make little difference with new owners. They wouldn't be able to plough any more money in than the current owners.

the club has to more or less balance it's own books. Money in = money out essentially. At the moment money out is greater than money in. Clubs are permitted to make a modest loss, and it is this the owners are funding. They can't simply pile money in to bale out the club anymore

ps, this is a simplified explanation, I know it conveniently ignore accruals, depreciation etc.
              That is how I see it. We are these days a relatively small fish in this pond.

Longer term that could change with new ground etc allowing for increased revenues. I know I have made the comparison before as I am based down here but look at Brighton. Bust, nearly went out of league, built sensibly over a number of years. Took a decade or so to sort new ground. We are not without hope but no quick fixes.

Comment

Revenue is obviously down this season. Loss of Parachute Payment is around £17m minus EFL Solidarity Payment of £4.4m is a loss to revenue of £12.6m. In 2017/18 we made a loss of £18m and 2018/19 this was down to about as a guess £12m. This is on top of our owners paying a World record fine for any sport. That would mean our permissible loss this year would be around £9m

Comment

Working...
                X