TV monies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV monies

We seem to have been on TV pretty frequently of late.
    Anybody got any idea how much money has swelled our coffers?

It's not much.... £80K maybe? Every Championship team gets a flat £5mil per season and will be covered a few times each. So a team on TV several times might make a few hundred thousand more than a team only on for the bare minimum but it's not life changing money and majority of teams who don't make play-offs will get more or less the same at end of season.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      It's not much.... £80K maybe? Every Championship team gets a flat £5mil per season and will be covered a few times each. So a team on TV several times might make a few hundred thousand more than a team only on for the bare minimum but it's not life changing money and majority of teams who don't make play-offs will get more or less the same at end of season.
      I read that they get £75k which is quite pathetic when compared to the £3m Premiership clubs get. I know the viewing figures are lower, but would have thought at least £150k would have been better. This is one of the reasons many Championship clubs were angry with the FL negotiators who agreed the deal.

Comment

For the Home team it is £100k and for the away team £10k. On top each club receives the same basic award of £2.084m regardless of where they finish.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I read that they get £75k which is quite pathetic when compared to the £3m Premiership clubs get. I know the viewing figures are lower, but would have thought at least £150k would have been better. This is one of the reasons many Championship clubs were angry with the FL negotiators who agreed the deal.
          Yeah but it's an auction of TV right isn't it? Broadcasters bunged their bids in, Sky/Quest won and the amount gets divvied up. I'm sure teams would prefer £1 mil to £100K but if the winning bid is X amount there's only so much to share about.
          The Championship does give every team the same basic amount and does not taper payment dependent on final placing in League - I think that's pretty good but I can imagine 'big' teams up the top moaning they should get more than 'minnows' down the bottom. Oh, as well as TV money all teams get a Solidarity Payment of £3 mil from Premiere League - that's why I quoted annual payment of £5 mil per club in Championship: TV money + Solidarity Payment.

Comment

Working...
          X