To all the moaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    We have one of the lowest budgets in the division, we spent a massive £50k in the summer on a goalkeeper and we are a team made up of loans , free transfers and kids having cleared out all our big earners in the summer.Having said all that I am excited about our future I believe we have a good manager that needs this summer to bring in a few quality additions to add to the talented crop of youngsters we have right now.Im sure at least one of those players will leave this summer but that’s the QPR way and as long as we can improve the squad from that sale then that’s fine by me .Its what Brentford have been doing for a few years now .So keep the faith and thank god we are no longer watching Boswinga , Barton ,Swp ,Etc.
    I agree with your op on selling players to balance books this is crucial to any business be it football or non football related, selling Eze and having 10-12m so be it buy three players etc no issue with that. Its taken uncle Tony far too long to realise this imo and had he been an employee he'd of gone from any company a long time ago.

I live 100m to rs now so go to probably 10-15 games a season home and away and watch Pboro they do exactly as you been asking for no fans have any gripe picking up hungry lower league and probably taken 20m just in CF I know we had the worst but they picked Ivan toney up 600k from Newcastle he's probably going to go for 10-15m and new lad played debut Saturday ran the show 500k from Barnet in one game he's got the lot. but nobody ever moans when they don't go up as best players gone as the clubs moving forward on a financial stability basis with new stands going up and youth coming through. we can't live on 12k crowds but the footballs better under MW ok I don't agree on Lumley as I said before but flog Eze get a decent keeper who want to progress from lower league or 2nd/3rd choice etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post

"the great Preston North End" as you sarcastically put, have never been in the Premier, no.

But I think if you look at their roll of honour compared to ours then YES we should definitely be aspiring to be like them.
      Even though a long time ago they have achieved a damn site more than we have.

League Champions 1889, 1890
      Division One Runners-up 1891, 1892, 1893, 1906, 1953, 1958

FA Cup Winners 1889, 1938
      FA Cup Finalists 1888, 1922, 1937, 1954, 1964

War Cup Winners 1941

Lancashire Cup Winners 1887, 1893, 1895, 1900, 1996

Division Two Champions 1904, 1913, 1951, 2000

Division Three Champions 1971, 1996
      Rodman there is no doubting Preston have a rich history dating back to the 1800s.The post was in reply to someone saying how they are always in around the play offs and we are usually flirting with relegation.If you were looking at the clubs over the last 40/50 years we are far superior.We have spent numerous years in the top flight , played in 2 major cup finals ,2 play off finals as well as European football .So I would say regarding recent history we have had the best of it.

Comment

We should be striving for our local version of the Lancashire Cup.
        "The World is Yours"

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
          Stainrod, I’m going to be honest and say you are the only user on this forum I really dislike

You put a spin on everything and to be frank we as a club are poorly ran from Tony & Amit to ultimately Les Ferdinand hence why we struggle and why we are poor

Look at Brentford buying players for cheap and selling them for maximum value and then replacing doing this over and over. This model also means they can keep buying better and better players whilst still selling again for high value

Our business model is a joke and it’s the clubs fault. Im NOT accepting our budget is this, Brentford on paper should be terrible and almost relegation certain but they aren’t because they plan smart and their business model is smart

Stop spinning things into positives because to be brutally honest you make your own luck and we’re crap because we aren’t smart. As a high up manger in a huge and well known UK company I find it hard to accept what QPR do as acceptable because from my work brain it’s a shambles

We have a small budget and in fairness to the club have done reasonably well in rebuilding the squad, but there is a long way to go before we can see if the club is indeed being well run now.

Brentford have a good model and I am envious of them tbh. I don’t think QPR have a good model.

But as for the moaning Stainrod is aiming this at, I think it is fairly reasonable to do so if it is aimed at the lousy defending and somewhat confusing team selections.

Comment

Working...
          X