Visually impaired commentary system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visually impaired commentary system

QPR in the Community Trust is now able to offer a commentary system for visually impaired supporters. If you yourself or if you know of anyone with a visual impairment that would like to make use of the system then please go to the following link for further information:

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/CommunityS...966102,00.html

May I take this opportunity to thank the volunteers who have had the Soccer Sight training and are delivering the commentary.

Many thanks
    Fiona

well i wouldnt like to see rangers at the minute!!!
    QPR&ENGLAND

Comment

Originally posted by loftusroadfan View Post

Comment

Originally posted by loftusroadfan View Post
        Very funny NOT.
        At least you have the choice.
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

So is it going to be somehow better than QPR World commentary?
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

It's for people in the ground, like my Josie. She can sort of see (although out of focus) about 20 yds, so can get the gist of what's going on in the penalty area in front of her, but beyond that can see nothing and relies on my commentary (which I'm not very good at, and keep forgetting to do).
            Even for the small area which she can see, it does at least confirm what she thinks she's seeing.

Comment

I am one of the commentators for Soccer Sight at QPR. The training was excellent and gave me real insight into blindness and visual impairments. I took watching football for granted until I got involved with Soccer Sight.

Swanley, please ask Josie to give feedback on the commentary. We want to do the best job possible for the fans using the system so if my jokes are lame be sure to let me know!

Comment

She tested it at the last Saturday home game (Scunny?) and the commentary itself was fine -- in fact, she was giving us a running commentary as well! The only problem was that the equipment failed towards the end of the first half -- although that's obviously not the fault of the commentators!
                But she was delighted to be able to hear a better commentary than the rubbish I normally spout to her!
                Hopefully she will be able to make full use of the service from now on (well, when the games aren't postponed!) and thanks to all concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                  She tested it at the last Saturday home game (Scunny?) and the commentary itself was fine -- in fact, she was giving us a running commentary as well! The only problem was that the equipment failed towards the end of the first half -- although that's obviously not the fault of the commentators!
                  But she was delighted to be able to hear a better commentary than the rubbish I normally spout to her!
                  Hopefully she will be able to make full use of the service from now on (well, when the games aren't postponed!) and thanks to all concerned.
                  Hi Swanley.

Just wanted to say thank you for posting about this. It's highlighted to me and made me think about how important things like this are to fans.

Just wanted to say that.

All the best
                  :red_heart:

Comment

Thankyou Scott.

Comment

Hi Swanley,

The problem with the equipment was sorted out for the Ipswich game and fingers crossed we will be fine for the Doncaster game. I'm glad the service is helping and hopefully the results will pick up as well!

There are two of us commentating on each match and we are sat in the press box in South Africa Road. What part of the ground do you sit in?

Comment

Hi Rob.
                        We are in the Lower Loft, right behind the goal at the mo.

However, we might have to move to one of the disabled areas -- not because of Josie, but because of my dad who at last has reluctantly realised that he cannot manage the stairs any more, and may have to sit in the Paddocks or the disabled area.
                        It would make the headset even more useful to Josie as, from her point of view she would lose sight of either penalty area, as I would have to be with my dad as his carer too.

But still in the Lower Loft at the mo.
                        Nicola

Comment

Rob does a good job and this a great thing introduced by the club
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Hear Hear.
                            It's nice to be able to say something positive about the club at the mo.

Comment

I'm sure Rob will get something working as it should at the club... think it's a great move forwards at our ground and for some fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X