Plastic scousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic scousers

I was given 2 tickets for Liverpool v napoli today at murrayfield, we went along with it and decided to support napoli for the day (was never gonna be the micky mouses).
    It was hilarious, a 67000 sell out, never heard one scouse accent but Liverpool tops everywhere (mostly new) and champs league final t shirts on man and woman young and old.
    The best bit was when the teams came out to ynwa, hardly a peep until the chorus as no one knew the words!
    Napoli murdered them 3-0, granted no salah firmino or mane but the rest were there including the first choice back four, napoli had mertens and insigne up front but had their best 2 defenders missing.
    75 minutes gone and the plastic scousers were leaving in droves, made my day as loads had t shirts that said "never give up" in reference to the barca come back but it also shows up what's wrong with our game, money and TV. Tickets today were from 28 to 67 and it completely sold out, it was billed as a glamour friendly but with their top 3 missing (alot of kids would of been disappointed) it was purely about making money and spreading the "brand", I counted 5 pop up Liverpool official shops in the staduim grounds.
    They came from all over Scotland for this causing road tailbacks and packed out trains but I doubt many will be supporting local teams next week.
    I'd take a half full Loftus road with real fans any day over what I saw at murrayfield.

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
    I was given 2 tickets for Liverpool v napoli today at murrayfield, we went along with it and decided to support napoli for the day (was never gonna be the micky mouses).
    It was hilarious, a 67000 sell out, never heard one scouse accent but Liverpool tops everywhere (mostly new) and champs league final t shirts on man and woman young and old.
    The best bit was when the teams came out to ynwa, hardly a peep until the chorus as no one knew the words!
    Napoli murdered them 3-0, granted no salah firmino or mane but the rest were there including the first choice back four, napoli had mertens and insigne up front but had their best 2 defenders missing.
    75 minutes gone and the plastic scousers were leaving in droves, made my day as loads had t shirts that said "never give up" in reference to the barca come back but it also shows up what's wrong with our game, money and TV. Tickets today were from 28 to 67 and it completely sold out, it was billed as a glamour friendly but with their top 3 missing (alot of kids would of been disappointed) it was purely about making money and spreading the "brand", I counted 5 pop up Liverpool official shops in the staduim grounds.
    They came from all over Scotland for this causing road tailbacks and packed out trains but I doubt many will be supporting local teams next week.
    I'd take a half full Loftus road with real fans any day over what I saw at murrayfield.
    half full some games would be a upgrade.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
    X